Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Constipation remedies for a 3 month old

Posted by   + Show Post
My three month old has been straining to poop all day. She's absolutely miserable. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to pick up some suppositories, if they don't work I'll take her to the dr tomorrow.

Update: she finally went, and passed out right after on my shoulder. And I want to cry now, she started bleeding, and screaming even more from pain before it was all over. :-(
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM
That's what I'm doing right now.

Quoting Krysta622:

Try the bicycling, and a little tummy massage. That's what is do before trying a suppository or any thing like water/juice/Karo/prunes etc.

Quoting kdjdod081013:

I don't introduce solids until 6 months unless otherwise told to by their drs, so she's only on the formula. Her last poop was about 10:30 yesterday morning. Sometimes she goes a little longer but doesn't have any issues with it, but she is crying and obviously straining at this point.

Quoting Krysta622:

I'd give it a little time. If no poop in day, a 24hr period, consult your pedi. I've always heard that karo carries a slight risk of botulism poisoning in babes under a year. Is baby on only formula? Have any solids been introduced? Try bicycling baby's legs, maybe gas drops.
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Poor baby finally went and fell asleep on my shoulder. :-( am I crazy for wanting to cry watching that hurt her like that?

Quoting Krysta622:

Try the bicycling, and a little tummy massage. That's what is do before trying a suppository or any thing like water/juice/Karo/prunes etc.

Quoting kdjdod081013:

I don't introduce solids until 6 months unless otherwise told to by their drs, so she's only on the formula. Her last poop was about 10:30 yesterday morning. Sometimes she goes a little longer but doesn't have any issues with it, but she is crying and obviously straining at this point.

Quoting Krysta622:

I'd give it a little time. If no poop in day, a 24hr period, consult your pedi. I've always heard that karo carries a slight risk of botulism poisoning in babes under a year. Is baby on only formula? Have any solids been introduced? Try bicycling baby's legs, maybe gas drops.
amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Miralax and suppositories worked miracles for my daughter!!

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
She finally went and passed out on my shoulder :-(

Quoting amandacr1026:

BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Doing the "bicycle" with her legs, massaging her stomach.

brenda025
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Light kayro syrup in some warm water should help, or prune juice, Also my sons doctor told me if he kept having problems with going to the bathroom add 1 ounce of pear juice to his formula, it worked well for him...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
My daughter had troubles then too. She got better one she stayed eating solids.. It didn't matter which formula we tried. The doctor suggested we give her a tiny sip of prune juice and that seemed to work for her..

Quoting kdjdod081013:

My oldest did starting around this time, it was her formula. I'm thinking this May be the same thing. I just don't remember anything but Miralax and suppositories (both with her drs guidance)

It's not abnormal for my youngest to go a day without pooping, it is however abnormal for her to try and not be able to.

Quoting mommyoflittles:

3 month old shouldnt be having issues yet. I would call the doctor now

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Warm Baths worked like a charm too.

Quoting BEXi:

Doing the "bicycle" with her legs, massaging her stomach.

amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM

lol I bet she feels so much better and so relieved now!!

Quoting kdjdod081013:

She finally went and passed out on my shoulder :-(

Quoting amandacr1026:

~Amanda~

KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Try some gas drops. It worked for my daughter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)