Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Constipation remedies for a 3 month old

Posted by   + Show Post
My three month old has been straining to poop all day. She's absolutely miserable. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to pick up some suppositories, if they don't work I'll take her to the dr tomorrow.

Update: she finally went, and passed out right after on my shoulder. And I want to cry now, she started bleeding, and screaming even more from pain before it was all over. :-(
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Replies (51-60):
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My oldest had diarrhea on milk based formula but was horribly constipated on soy, DS never had issues with it but had bad reflux. Its worth looking into some options in case this happens again, or when it happens again.

Quoting SaraBethKY:

We used something called Baby Move from Walgreens when my DD was 2 months old. It says for under 6 months to consult a pediatrician, but my husband is one...so...we used it haha. It worked well and was gentle. It is just concentrated prune juice. Most formula fed babies go through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM
That's what we did. My DS starting having problems with constipation around the same time. He is 5yo now and still has problems sometimes.

Quoting mandaschelle:

We took DD"s temperature rectaly.

20 minutes later she was good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM
LoL.

Quoting Anonymous:

god whatever you do DONT GIVE HER WATER!!!!!!!!! 

she may die.

Krysta622
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Glad she's feeling better, and glad that you get to be a relieved mama tonight :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
This. Botulism

Quoting Anonymous:

Yon shouldn't give corn syrup to babies, it's dangerous. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I personally wouldn't give anything to a 3 month old without the advice of my pediatrician. Especially the karo syrup, corn syrup & laxatives. Call your pedi in the future.

okpondlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM

My oldest had issues with Iron and WIC only will give you Iron supplemented formula.   I had to get a special letter from the Dr and even then it made her constipated.  I started her off about 4 months giving her a tablespoon of apple juice mixed in with her formula once a day on Dr. orders.  After awhile I just gave her a tsp on prune juice in a dropper like medicine and she was all good.   She is 20 and the other one is 16 and they both love prunes and prune juice.    Good Luck!!! I have heard Karo syrup works, just never tried it. 

tattedmommi
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Light Karo and a warm bath...also make his bottle a little warmer
NeonGirl9583
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Dark kayro syrup in a bottle. that always worked for my
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 Tb dark Karo in 4oz warm water works wonderful.

Glad she got to go, but that's awful she had such a hard time. Poor baby girl. :(

My sons bowels got impacted
At 6weeks old and he was on Karo syrup until he was 14 months. He had hell for a damn year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)