Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband wants us to move in with his mom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Im pretty torn. Money is tight and i cant work right now because we have no one to watch our newborn, and my husband works crazy hours.

My husband wants to move in to his moms house to save money. I am totally fine living within our means, not going out to eat and not getting new clothes for me for a while, our baby is taken care of and bills are paid.

I cant stand my mil. She was a crappy mom i basically had to teach my husband how to be a man. She thinks the sun shines out my husband's ass and always wedges herself into our relationship and tries to make me seem like the bad guy and split us up.
And there are 4 adults (mil, step fil, sil, sil's fiance) and her 8 year old, and two piece of shit untrained little rat dogs and two cats in a small house with only 1 1/2 bathrooms.
My husband and i would stay in the room he had when he was a teenager, its a finished room in an unfinished basement. And it is tiny. We have a king sized bed, and i doubt it will fit. Nevermind all of our baby's stuff.

And if we lived there i feel like i would be confined to his little bedroom in his dark basement, im bf and not comfortable whipping my boobs out in front of his family and they make me uncomfortable anyway so i would feel more comfortable being around them as little as possible. I can make nice and go over for visits and dinner so they can see the baby but i do NOT want to live with them!

Ugh any advice? I dont understand why my husband wants to live with his mother so bad.... im tempted to just go to my moms house if he goes to his...

Oh and he wont stay with my mom, even though her house is huge, nice, clean and quiet because my mom isnt particularly fond of him because he can be pretty childish sometimes. But my mom has said that we are more than welcome to come stay because she loves me and the baby and understands how uncomfortable mil makes me.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codfish
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I see a divorce in your future (sorry). He needs to man up and realize being married, having a new baby, and being a grown-up is not always easy.
momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I would stick with your plan. Voice your concerns with your dh and see what he says. I hope things get better for you
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I couldn't stand mil no way would I EVER live with her. I would tell him to suck it up and act like an adult. If he's that determined to move in with his mom you move in with yours. But I don't see that situation ending well.
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
you can't always run home to mommy and daddy. He needs to man up and provide the best he can for his own family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I love my MIL to pieces. However I could never live with her. And that is alot of people in one house, too many adults IMO.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Dont do it make him grow up or go to your moms hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM
save yourself the time to move in with your mother even if your husband doesn't follow. There's absolutely no way I would move into a dark un finished basement with my newborn
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM

If this will tear your marriage apart, don't. Respect your marriage and make ends meet SOMEHOW just don't move in knowing this will end in divorce and then where will you be?

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Follow your instincts.    Your Mom's house sounds more suitable, and considering he works 'crazy hours', how often would he be around your Mom?    This may be his chance to Man Up and show some maturity....beginning with putting his family (you & baby) before himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN