Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Babies happen because of love and magic."

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Well, THAT'S a new perspective, lol. Karina (my 8 year old) just told me she has a friend at school who's a fortune teller. Well, this friend informed her that one day she'll marry a boy and have a baby girl. So, naturally, i asked her if said friend told her exactly how having that child would come about. (No, we haven't had the birds and bees talk yet, as she hasn't shown any curiosity in that department...and now I know why.) She told me that her friend hadn't said anything, but she already knew. Ok...she then proceeded to tell me that "Babies happen because of love and magic." Apparently, when two people REALLY, TRULY love each other, a magic invisible baby chooses them to be it's parents and "poofs" itself into the mother's egg, causing pregnancy. Hmm...I wonder how she's going to handle it if I get permission for her to be there when this baby is born? I think she might realize the "poof" theory isn't exactly how all this works. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Lol, sorry! :)

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

hahahahahaha god i love kids perspectives!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

How old is she? If she hasn't shown any curiosity about where babies come from I wouldn't have her in the delivery room.

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm at a loss to figure out how I'm going to explain the reality someday, lol.  I don't want to disillusion her. :P

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Lol, sorry! :)

CafeMom Tickers
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute. My kids think the dr put the babies in there lol. I think maybe because they see me going to the dr all the time before i tell them I'm pregnant. A lot of hospitals allow siblings in the delivery room as long as there is an adult there just for that child.
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM

She's 8, and she's been begging me to let her be there.  If the doctor says it's ok, then i probably will, but I'm not 100% on it just yet.  I don't really want her knowing, but on the other hand, i don't want her finding out from someone else, either.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she? If she hasn't shown any curiosity about where babies come from I wouldn't have her in the delivery room.

CafeMom Tickers
HandMmom12
by Jody on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
False.....babies come from a couple bottles of wine, a shot of tequila and Full Metal Jacket playing on the DVD player.

(Well, at least some babies do...)
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha, this one was a moonlit night, a shooting star, and a tailgate in the middle of the woods. :P

Quoting HandMmom12:

False.....babies come from a couple bottles of wine, a shot of tequila and Full Metal Jacket playing on the DVD player.

(Well, at least some babies do...)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured