Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My grandmother told me DH is having an affair UPDATE: SORRY. I'M SPECIAL.

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 181 Replies
My DH works nights but this week he decided to take some day shifts in addition to his usual night shifts. He is paid a salary and then if he works more than 40hrs a week he's entitled to overtime-but its not time and a half. Instead, since he makes a salary, its approx. half of what his hourly wage would be. So its not like he's making a ton of extra money and we *don't need the overtime anyway.* We make decent money. Its actually kind of getting on my nerves. But whatever. He's still relatively new to the company and my husband honestly likes the place.

So anyway he got a hotel up there. He works about 30-45mins away from our place depending on traffic and he usually gets off at 7:30-8am so sometimes there's rush hour traffic. So he gets this hotel bc he figures he'll be able to get the most amount of sleep since he's getting off at 7:30am and then going back in around 12pm.

Well, we asked my grandmother to get DS off the bus today because I had to be somewhere and I couldn't get out of it and she was like "Where is DH?" So I explained it and she couldn't get past the fact that he wasn't coming home. She was like "Are you SURE he's just sleeping? I'll keep DS while you go to the hotel and check." I asked her what she thought he was doing and she said "What did your mother catch your father doing?" LMAO. My dad cheated on my mom. They had a terrible marriage and she hired a PI and caught him with my now stepmother. At the time my father was pretending to go to work-he had been laid off and hadn't told my mom (bc honestly she was kind of a nut job) and really he was seeing my stepmother, whom he knew from his former job.

So now my grandmother is calling all my aunts and telling them that DH is staying in a hotel after work and I'm fine with it and I'm going to ruin my marriage by letting him cheat on me. Sigh.

ETA: I'm such a space cadet. At my husband's old company, he got double time for overtime. Idk why I was having such a difficult time grasping time and a half. He IS getting time and a half. He just calls it half pay for some reason so I had the numbers all mixed up in my head. Don't listen to me in regards to how much he's making right now. It doesn't even matter.

ETA2: Just kidding. I was looking at a pay stub from a month ago-what I thought was overtime/"compensation" pay was really holiday pay. And it was different because he was on probation then, so his pay was different then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Lol, I'm sorry mama :)

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM
4 moms liked this
My family is full of basket cases. I'm surprised I'm relatively well-adjusted.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramita
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM
We'll I'm not sure what good a hotel it going to do if he's working extra shifts because y'all could use extra money, but whatever. As for your DH cheating, if you don't believe he is then hopefully he's not.
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
4 moms liked this
Next time tell her you are going to the hotel with him because you guys decided to become swingers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I'd tell grandma to mind her own damn business or butt out of your family's life. I can't understand how women let their families talk shit about their spouses. Smdh
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
6 moms liked this

There is a difference between salaried and exempt.  If someone is salaried but non-exempt, the employer is supposed to calculate their hourly rate and then pay them 1.5 times that for every hour worked over 40.  If your DH's employer is not doing that, then he should contact the state labor board and make a complaint.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Lol, I'm sorry for that too! I think you're just fine :)

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

WaffleHead
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
10 moms liked this
This makes no sense
You need the money so he is paying to stay in a hotel room?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM

whistling

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

whistling

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Lol, I'm sorry for that too! I think you're just fine :)

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)