Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDITED AGAIN!! Edit to add---Umm wow. Geuss ya find out who your friends are.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies
I have a work thing this weekend that I'm supposed to bring three guests to. My husband is going so he is one. I called my cousin to see if she could spare a few hours to help me out by going. She refused. After all the shit I've done for her and will always do for her, because that's what family does, she won't just spare me a few hours.

I'm really hurt by this, we are really close, or so I thought. She knows how big of a deal this is for me in my career.I'm meeting some really high up people and having three guests will activate my next bonus. Ill always be there for her, but this hurt me really bad.

Am I being a bitch or is she just being selfish?

Disclaimer: no I don't think she owes me, she doesn't owe me anything, I just kind of always thought I could count on her if I ever needed a favor since we were so close.

I work in MLM, it is not a scheme company but some people just want to believe it is. Anyway, she knows all about my company and has said she doesn't want to join. I'm totally fine with that, I don't expect her to. This isn't really her cup of tea. This event is an expansion seminar bc our company is opening in other states. The ONLY reason I asked her to go, was to activate my next bonus. I offered breakfast and lunch, and for her to ride with me. All she has to do is show up, smile and nod. Not that hard and no strings attached. I've done a ton of favors for her regarding her business that she owns, that I'm not remotely Interested in, but I pony up for her.

If you're going to just bash my business, I'm not even going to respond. This isn't even about what my business is. It's about the fact that nobody is here for me when I need a small favor but expect me to always be there for them.

New edit:
Well today was our company event, never found anybody else to go with me, but me and hubby went with our team and had an absolute blast. It was awesome!! Just as expected. The bonuses and promitions were fantastic and the people were just as amazing as ever!! I've decided that if anyone in my family wants to join me, they can come to me, and if not then Idc. There's plenty of other people who do want to succeed in this business and my family's help isn't going to make or break me. (And when I retire in my thirties, they're not gonna be coming out of the woodworks looking for a hand out, ain't gonna happen).
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
6 moms liked this

are you involved in some pyramid scheme? because if it is, i can see why she would say no. i would too.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I've said it before and I'll say it again- blood ain't always thicker than water.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What 'work thing' is this?

bex55
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Why are you required to bring people to get a bonus, that seems odd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM
It is MLM. It is not a pyramid scheme. I didn't want her to join. Just accompany.

Quoting Anonymous:

are you involved in some pyramid scheme?

ArisMom208
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Pyramid Scheme much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
This sounds like a scam.
bellawomen
by Summer on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Since when does bringing guest to a get together give you a bonus? Sounds more like a pyramid scheme get together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM
It's an expansion seminar/announcement. Our company is moving into more states and were announcing the expansion this weekend.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What 'work thing' is this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)