Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Woman Has to Make Boyfriend 300 Sandwiches Before He Will Propose?!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 191 Replies

Woman Has to Make Boyfriend 300 Sandwiches Before He Will Propose

by Ericka Sóuter

Fried Egg & Pancetta On a Roll

We've all heard of that old adage, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Well, one woman is taking that saying way too seriously. Stephanie Smith is determined to get a ring from her beau and the only obstacle, it seems, is his appetite. He told her that she had to make him 300 sandwiches in order to get a proposal. No joke. And she's actually doing it.

You see, her boyfriend is obsessed with two things: Star Wars and Sandwiches. Every morning he gets up and asks her, "Honey, how long you have been awake?" Her reply, "About 15 minutes." To which he would say, "You've been up for 15 minutes and you haven't made me a sandwich?"

I can only imagine my reaction -- and that of most women --  if a boyfriend said this to me. First, I'd laugh. And then, if he was actually serious, I'd probably rethink how great a catch this guy was. But Stephanie understood that for her man, a sandwich was akin to hugs, kisses, and love. So one day she made him a simple turkey sandwich on toasted bread. She says her Alexander Skarsgard look-alike boyfriend devoured it like it was ambrosia from the gods and proclaimed, "Honey, you’re 300 sandwiches away from an engagement ring!”

Thus began her culinary quest. She started chronicling her creations on 300sandwiches.com and she has certainly gotten inventive. Her blog featuring the eats has gotten the attention of famed chefs like Emeril Lagasse. Now nearly 200 sandwiches in, she is counting down the days (and deli meats) until she is engaged. Honestly, I think it’s a little demeaning and desperate. So if she couldn’t make sandwiches does that mean he’d never propose? Shouldn't he want to marry her anyway? That said, I guess we shouldn't be too critical. Woman have probably done a lot worse to win over a man.

What do you think of Stephanie making sandwiches for a proposal?

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh, hell no. BF has an insane appetite, but he would wind up single if he ever pulled something like that.

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this

That is completely ridiculous.  He sounds like an immature loser.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
9 moms liked this

She's an idiot settling for an idiot.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
22 moms liked this

'Every morning he gets up and asks her, "Honey, how long you have been awake?" Her reply, "About 15 minutes." To which he would say, "You've been up for 15 minutes and you haven't made me a sandwich?"'

What an ass.  That woman is a doormat.  She should kick his sandwich ass out the door.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Lol, I just saw that on the news!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Uh...wouldnt happen! I get wanting to do something special, but really? "You must make me 300 sandwiches and i will propose"! What if she went and made them all in one day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM

This is wrong on so many levels...

Taylorzoe
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
4 moms liked this
It was just a comment she took too seriously.
She probably likes to cook and that's why she's willing to do this.
He likes her sandwiches an she likes making them. It's perfect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd be so disappointed if that was my dd.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
11 moms liked this

LOL, she is NOT making those sandwiches for a proposal.  That's just a clever concept to get people interested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)