Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeless

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
According to another post people that are homeless must not look too nice. If they do look nice then they can't possibly be homeless. Do you agree?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Liastele
by Lauren on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Homeless simply means you do not have a permanent home. You can be homeless with all of your stuff in storage and still shower daily and wear make up and clean clothes after sleeping on your friend's couch.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Disagree. I was homeless for 3 months after high school. I had a job at Sonic Drive-In and a local grocery store, lived in my car, a college student and everything I owned was in my car. I wore makeup, clean clothes and looked nice. I took showers at the gym I worked out at and did my laundry at laundromats. I ate out all the time since I didn't have a kitchen to cook in. No one knew I was homeless. I was saving up some money to get an apartment which took me 3 months to do since I was also paying for college. 12 years later I have 2 Associates Degrees, 2 Bachelors Degrees, 1 Masters, my own business and a 4000 square foot home full of family. It pays to work hard and do it on your own! I had help from no one. No family, friends, no government assistance, etc. Just me.

Now, if I see a person standing on the side of the road asking for money because they're homeless but they don't look homeless, then I would question it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Ive seen people who dressed nice and was shocked to learn they were homeless

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Quoting Ali5683:

Disagree. I was homeless for 3 months after high school. I had a job at Sonic Drive-In and a local grocery store, lived in my car, a college student and everything I owned was in my car. I wore makeup, clean clothes and looked nice. I took showers at the gym I worked out at and did my laundry at laundromats. I ate out all the time since I didn't have a kitchen to cook in. No one knew I was homeless. I was saving up some money to get an apartment which took me 3 months to do since I was also paying for college. 12 years later I have 2 Associates Degrees, 2 Bachelors Degrees, 1 Masters, my own business and a 4000 square foot home full of family. It pays to work hard and do it on your own! I had help from no one. No family, friends, no government assistance, etc. Just me.

Now, if I see a person standing on the side of the road asking for money because they're homeless but they don't look homeless, then I would question it.

Exactly. And if a homeless person was invited to a nice dinner they would do everything possible to clean up and look presentable. Who would want to show up in dirty clothes?
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I take it you invited someone to a dinner party and they showed up looking homeless?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ali5683:

Exactly. And if a homeless person was invited to a nice dinner they would do everything possible to clean up and look presentable. Who would want to show up in dirty clothes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Quoting Ali5683:

I take it you invited someone to a dinner party and they showed up looking homeless?

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Ali5683:

Oh no. There was a post about a couple whose daughter cancelled her wedding. Instead of letting the four course dinner reception go to waste, they partnered with an organization and fed 200 homeless people. Somebody said the pics didn't depict real homeless people because she knows what homeless people look like. These people were clean so by her logic not homeless.
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting Ali5683:

I just have to say, what an inspiration you must be to others! You are an exceptional young woman, and I'm very happy things worked out for you, but you definetly had a lot to overcome. You proved it's not impossible to overcome bad circumstances. I wish you nothing but the best!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN