Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE again 3:50pm-- UPDATE---I cheated on my husband so he asked for an open relationship. How would you react?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 357 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband found out about my 6 month affair last week. I confessed after he found a receipt for condoms in the back of my truck. Pure bad luck (and karma for littering) because I threw it out the window and it suck to the bed of the truck. Well anyway a couple days after I confessed he told me he has lost trust in me because of the lies but isn't ready to divorce because he still loves me and wants to remain living together for the kids. I thought everything was good and we were going to work it out until he added if would be best to just have an open relationship.

I told him we needed to talk about it later. Now I'm stressing is this a test!? Or do you think he has a woman in mind he plans to sleep with? I realize my mistake and wanted to work it out and move on but part of me agrees an open relationship would be beneficial. I can't help but be jealous now because he brought it up

UPDATE - thanks for all the kind input. Some of you were bitchy but that's okay. I have decided to tell my husband on his lunch break that a 6 month trial open relationship will be okay. Now I wonder during this trial should I still be able to see the same guy I was already seeing? I don't know if he had someone in mind he wanted to sleep with should I ask? How much information should we give each other?

UPDATE AGAIN--- at lunch we talked and I asked if this was really what he wanted. We could still go to counseling and be monogamous. I asked if he already was seeing someone or had someone in mind and he said no. He said he had talked to his brother and they were going to go camping this weekend because he needed some alone time. They are leaving in the morning. He said he would tell me before he slept with someone which I think is nice all things considering. I talked about the other guy and why I did it and he was oddly understanding. He told me that if that relationship made me happy I should continue. Even though I stressed that I had no emotional attatchment. When he went back to work I cried. I don't know what I've gotten myself into.

PS what's a featured post?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Bump
crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
9 moms liked this
I wouldn't be with him, to me an open relationship isn't cohesive with a marriage.
Arwyn724
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
11 moms liked this

I'd seriously re-evaluate the whole relationship if you are/were both willing to sleep with other people.  You kinda opened the door.

Arwyn 724 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
13 moms liked this
You reap what you sow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Divorce!!
CelestialSong
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
14 moms liked this

Maybe he figures if you're going to be sleeping with other people, he should be able to as well.

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this

this will not end well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM
5 moms liked this

You cheated on him.  So you can have a lover but freak out when he wants to have one?  Would you rather get a divorce. 

zetajen
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

that jealous feeling is a tiny bit of karma. I would ask your DH to go to counseling with you to work on the trust issues. I think an open marriage can work for some people, but you don't sound like one of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this
It could mean anything. These are questions and feelings you guys have to sit down and talk about.
Your lucky he still loves you. But also think about how much harm you could also do to the kids by being in a marriage only for tho kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)