Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cosleeping question and happy day!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 22 Replies
Cosleeping is about to get a lot easier for me!

My husband just landed a new job making 7 dollars more an hour getting night differential pay.
He'll be working 8:30 p.m to 6:30 a.m.
Now my dd and I get the bed to ourselves.

Every night, multiple times a night I have to tell him to move over, only to end up crushed again.

I would miss having him in bed with me, but this schedule is gonna be so much better.
I barely see him the way it is now.
But with this schedule, he only works Monday to Thursday and then gets Fri, Sat, Sun off with us.
(:
And I work 4-8 Monday through Thursday.
And I am home with the kiddo all day and then night and weekends.

I'm so glad this happened.

It's a blessing.

Also I have a question, I'm just gonna sneak it into my happy post.
When did you stop cosleeping? My dd is 8 months. I didn't want to stop, I enjoy it. But I also don't wanna make her afraid of her crib or bed.
Because there will come a time where she will have to venture out on her own because I'm due in April and will have a new baby to breastfeed and cosleep.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Bump
Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

my son co-slept up until he was 2.  at that time i had a newborn that i slept with in a different bed and he continued to sleep with dh.  Had i knew then what i discovered later I would of gotten him used to a bed sooner.  at around 25 months he started taking naps in his big boy bed and by 2 1/2 he didnt want mommy and daddy anymore.  With my 2nd child she co-slept with me at night but all of her daytime sleeping was in a crib when she was no longer needing to feed during the night time she just went to her crib. and it was an easy transition becuase she was used to her crib.  I did the same with my youngest by 6 months she was fine with sleeping in her crib all night and she was able to sleep with me when i wanted her to and never had a problem putting her back in her crib.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

My husband has worked 3rd shift for 17 years, so I've always been free to have the babies in bed with me- which was SO nice! I don't think I'd like him working any other shift. He home earyl in the morning to help me get the kids ready, he's up right after they come home from school and spend time with them doing homework and watching them while I get dinner ready. It's nice.

As for when I stopped co-sleeping: I let my children decide. I never forced them; they left when they were ready. My oldest daughter was 7, my middle daughter was 2, my oldest son was 9 and my 2 year old is currently in the bed with me.

Pagan_Mommy84
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

That's great!  I'm happy for all three of you :)  It's a huge relief when scheduals fall nicely into place like that and make our days happier and easier.  Hmm...well, I've never cospelt with my children.  I'd let them sleep in my bed every now and then, but I made sure that they were able to sleep in the crib...and when they got older, their beds without 'needing' me there to fall asleep.  I guess it's just not for me, and I've always been happy with the way its been, and so are my boys :)  but...good luck with all of it, and I think its great bonding for people that do cosleep :)

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I put my baby on one side and toddler on the other side.  They still like to co-sleep but I only allow it on Friday and Saturday nights because of school. They're 6 & 8.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Ds is 4 and will not be cosleeping by his 5th b-day.  Youngest ds is almost 2 and not sure if we'll continue co-sleeping until he's close to 5 or let them share a room.

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Yeah..... I think at 6 and 8 I want them in their beds. Unless they are scared or sick.

Quoting mesfilles:

I put my baby on one side and toddler on the other side.  They still like to co-sleep but I only allow it on Friday and Saturday nights because of school. They're 6 & 8.

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Oh. Yeah those are some old ages I'm reading on here to be cosleeping. I figured its easier with breastfeeding.
Not when they hit school age..

Quoting Anonymous:

Ds is 4 and will not be cosleeping by his 5th b-day.  Youngest ds is almost 2 and not sure if we'll continue co-sleeping until he's close to 5 or let them share a room.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

We do partial co-sleeping. She sleeps in her crib for naps during the day and then at night, I lay down with her on my bed and nurse her to sleep and then move her to her crib. She sleeps in there until she wakes for her first night feeding, usually around 1 -2AM. Then she stays with us in bed until we get up. She is 4 months next week.

We co-slept with our other kids until the were about 2. They still occasionally came into our bedroom and slept the night with us until they were around 4.

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Lol. They have no problem sleeping by themselves. At this point I think they only want to so they can watch tv in bed. No tvs in their rooms. :)

Quoting happymomma13:

Yeah..... I think at 6 and 8 I want them in their beds. Unless they are scared or sick.

Quoting mesfilles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)