Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this teachers behavior bother you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My dd is in 6th grade. Her social studies teacher was absent and her class was being covered by another teacher.  She was subbing for the class but a known teacher in the school.  She was goofing around in class having fun with the kids.  They are learninga bout hemispheres and what not.  So the teacher decides to look up on her iphone facts about the Eastern Hemisphere.  She was reading off the different things she found. She apparently found a website with someone answering  "Go back to school you dumbass"  The teacher read the reply out loud and siad ooops i'm not reading from that site anymore.

Then there was a student i think she said not paying attention or something.  The teacher came over and picked up his pencil and threw it across the room. he gets up to go get the pencil and just as he's about to sit she grabs his eraser and throws that across the room.  everyone giggled.  so then he takes everything off his desk with him to go and get his eraser.  He forgot his water bottle. just as he was about to sit she grabbed the water bottle made sure it was closed tightly and then threw it across the room.  Of course the kids found it very funny. 

All i could think of while she's tellng me the story was WTF!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Sounds like a bully to me.
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM

That's bullying, she needs reported!

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I don't think that is very funny. Not something I would brag about as a teacher...

BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Ummmmmmm..... wtf?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Depends on how that kid was taking it. If the kid was upset, obviously she was out of line. If he was laughing too, no big deal. It's hard to get kids that age to behave when there's a sub, so if making it fun and relaxed is her way of getting them to behave, so be it. It's one day out of the school year.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

That's not cool and certainly not funny.  She is a teacher, not a child and that is inappropriate behavior.  I would report her.  Such a shame that people like that are teaching our kids.

seksen
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I would report the teacher. Thats bull shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Yeah, WTF?  Call the principal. 

two4one
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a very immature teacher.

Connie04
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a whack job.  What kind of teacher does something like that??  It's not funny at all to pick on any child, whether she thinks it's funny or not.  She should be reported.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN