Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your high schooler text you during the day?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 28 Replies

my 11th grader texts me all the time.  he'll even take pics of kids we've talked about, so i can put a face to the stories he's told me.  he texts jokes and silly stories and random weirdness.  my friend said that it's abnormal for a kid his age to do that....so, are we weird?  please tell me that someone else has kids that do this????

**edit** typically, he's texting between classes and during his lunch time.  a couple of times, i have received texts during a class -- but not very often.

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids aren't supposed to have their phones on during the school day, school rule. Of course most of them do, but mine wouldn't make that obvious to me by texting me from school, lol.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

bump

JakobsMom03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My best friend's high schooler does it. If I had been able to, I would have done so with my mother too. I think it's cool you guys are that close.

WallysMommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
When i was in HS class of '08 i text my mom all the time, my younger bro class of '10 he also did the same. I don't find it weird at all!
Be glad your teen WANTS to talk to you :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Your kid should NOT be texting while at school, period.  The fact that he's texting you is a little weird.  I have a 9th grader who doesn't even take his phone to school because he forgets it or forgets to charge it.  He has never, not once, sent me a text.

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I don't have HS kids, but 2 in middle with phones. And no, they don't text me during the day. It's not allowed in school.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

his school is really lenient on their phone policies.  he says most of his teachers receive/send texts througout the day.

yesterday, he was telling me about this kid who is super angry all the time...the kid threatens to beat up teachers and guidance counselors.  today, ds took a pic of him and sent it to me so i could see the angry face.  he does stuff like that all the time.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

The kids aren't supposed to have their phones on during the school day, school rule. Of course most of them do, but mine wouldn't make that obvious to me by texting me from school, lol.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

thank you!!  that's kind of how i see it too.  

Quoting WallysMommy:

When i was in HS class of '08 i text my mom all the time, my younger bro class of '10 he also did the same. I don't find it weird at all!
Be glad your teen WANTS to talk to you :)

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM

me too.  thanks!

Quoting JakobsMom03:

My best friend's high schooler does it. If I had been able to, I would have done so with my mother too. I think it's cool you guys are that close.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

only if she needs something or to ask a quick question about something.... MOST schools have a rule against phones being used unless its during break periods or for emergencies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN