Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you tell?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My friend and I have a close relationship and I never lie to him. He knows that. I've always said I love him unconditionally and he says the same thing.
Now..to my problem. He is separated and divorcing his wife. He has custody of his son. Anyway, he started seeing a woman recently. Tonight I got a facebook message from her husband. My friend is listed as my brother. He knows she's married. Her husband wants to talk to me about their affair. To get evidence.
I said it wasn't my business.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I dont know... Thats hard.. As a married women i would want to tell, but as a friend i wouldnt.. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Probably.

marinenonstop
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Double edge sword. On one side, if it was happening to me I would want someone to tell me.. But your loyalty is to your friend. I agree... Its none of your business. He should talk to his wife.
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to talk to his wife and don't respond to him again
EAzizM
by Erica on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I would tell him to talk to his wife about it. I would confirm the affair though.
Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM

MMMM, betray your friend for a woman you don't know... That's tricky.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Tell who and what?  Tell the stranger the details about your friend's affair with his wife?  Or, tell your friend that his girlfriend's husband contacted you on Facebook and wants details of their dalliance?

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Nope. Your loyalty is to your friend. I would not speak to her husband, and I would tell my friend that he was asking questions. That being said, I think it's kinda crappy to get involved with someone who is married.
twade26
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Are you willing to lose your friend over this?

if you talk to the husband, there is a chance your friend won't be your friend anymore. How could he trust you after that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Oh there is an affair. I don't like it but its not my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)