Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think this is strange?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 29 Replies
I have two kids, one three year old boy and a soon to be two year old girl. My husband and I work so they spend a lot of time with my parents or my in laws. For the last month or so a friend of ours has been asking, begging and badgering to baby sit the kids, specifically my son. This friend has no children of his own nor is he planning on having any ever(his words). My husband thinks its strange that our friend is so interested in spending time with our son and I'm starting to get a weird vibe from it too. How do I let this friend down gently? I don't trust him with my kids alone because he simply has no experience with toddlers and now because his constant asking is unsettling to me. Any advice would be great, thank you!
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Creeper alert....seriously, just tell him no. Or flat out ask why hes so insistent on bbysitting your son.
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM

All my friends know that I do not let men spend time alone with my kids. I would just tell him that you are not comfortable. They are your kids and you really don't owe him an explanation. Seem sketchy to me though.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Yeah, red flags all over that momma.  Don't let him around your kids.

PeruvianMama87
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Thank you ladies, I think I just need to mom up and tell him how it is. It's not that I don't trust men with my kids because my pastor has baby sat before but it's just a weird vibe I've been getting from this particular guy.
Toxic.Stardust
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Trust your mother's intuition. If you're getting a bad vibe from him, there's probably a good reason for it
angie729
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Yea that is creepy. I would just say Thanks for the offer and we will keep it in mind but we have child care all ready.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this

orchardmoma
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I would just say " no you wouldn't want to watch him he's a brat for other people! And besides we only have family watch him. But thanks for the offer though!" Short and sweet! And don't ever leave it open ended like it could possibly happen another time or later on down the road. 

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

"has no experience with toddlers"

Trust your gut!  

Say that! It makes you uncomfortable as toddlers can be cranky and difficult. I wouldnt let this man do it either. He might be trying to use your DS just to pick up chicks but Im not willing to risk that with my children so I wouldnt with yours either.

KHardik
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Tell him the truth. It's worked with our friends and family members. Everyone always offers to babysit for us but we don't trust many people with a 2 year old. Most of them understand and don't get upset.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)