Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you tell the neighbor mom? *long but need advice*

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 27 Replies
I live in a pretty quiet upper middle class neighborhood, my house is right across the street from 4 homes in a cul-de-sac. Obviously there are 2 homes in the middle. In one of the middle homes there is a 2 story house with a mom, dad, son and daughter. The son plays high school football ( I only know this because he came to my house to sell coupons for a fundraiser) the daughter APPEARS to be about 16. The dad is always gone really early in the morning so I'm assuming he works very early which would mean he probably goes to bed pretty early. Around about 9 pm almost daily we get about 4-5 cars coming through. Some parked in front of my house, hidden by a neighbors backyard wall to the 2 story house or in front of the wall of my other neighbors house again blocked from sight of the 2 story. The daughter goes out to each of these cars sometimes talks for a minute and the car leaves or she will jump in and go with them. She always changes clothes between each car. I've seen her get out in a bra and booty shorts a few times. My guess is she's selling drugs or herself. I've stayed quiet as to mind my own business but now I have cars parked in front of my house for 30 mins to an hour sometimes with lights off engine running and no one gets out. About a week ago I had to call non emergency PD because DH wasn't home and it was about 10 pm and I had a car sitting there for 30 mins with nothing happening. I knew it was probably for this girl but wasn't 100% sure and felt uncomfortable with just me and my kids in the house. About 10 mins later she came out and jumped in the car. I have no idea if her parents know that she's doing this. My thought was if this was one of my daughters I'd want to know what was going on. But some people get offended. I don't wanna have problems with my neighbors but I would feel horrible for saying nothing if god forbid something happened to this girl.

What would you do?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnjsmith
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Bump
cnjsmith
Bump
cnjsmith
Bump
tattooedmama333
1 mom liked this

Call the local PD on the non emergency line and let them know. If there are drugs running through there, I am sure the cops already know. If you tell them you feel like your kids are in danger (even if you don't) it may get them to look into it faster. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM
You are jumping to a lot of conclusions! You could cause problems for her if you are wrong. if you feel you need to do something then you can write an anonymous letter.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I wouldn't do anything.

cnjsmith
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I am. But it's a male every single time and almost always different cars. I'm not normally an anon person. I wouldn't tell the mom what I think her daughter is doing just the facts of what I see

Quoting Anonymous:

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions! You could cause problems for her if you are wrong. if you feel you need to do something then you can write an anonymous letter.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:46 AM
She needs problems! If her parents are not aware of her activity the she's obviously doing something they would disapprove of I would talk to the mom and let her know what you've witnessed

Quoting Anonymous:

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I would make an anon call. I know most will not agree but thanks to my step mom being an addict I know WAY more than I want to. What you are describing screams drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:48 AM

She could be giving them blow jobs also and not selling drugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN