Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've been holding this grudge for almost 7 years.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Back Story:
When I was 13, my parents got a divorce. Two months later, mom had new boyfriend. Dad went through multiple partners, I remember meeting a dozen girls in a one month period. No joke.
Living with mom. Mom and me get in fight. I go to live with dad. Dad meets woman in Romania online. He goes to visit her. Comes home and tells me and my siblings "By the way, [She-witch] and I got married while I was over there! She is in the process of getting her visa to come live with us!"

Fast forward- She lives with us.
I was 14.
I admit, I had a bad attitude. I was the only girl and I hated the idea of another woman coming to live in my house. But I -tried- to be civil.
One day, She-Witch just goes off on me. Apparently, moving to the side of the hallway for her to pass (with a laundry basket) was me calling her fat. Any ways. She starts yelling at me. My dad is just sitting there. And then she said it.
The 7 words that made me hate everything about her. It didn't matter what she said, what she did. Her breathing seriously made me mad after this.

"It's your fault your parents are divorced."

And then, she tried to blame her relationship problems with my dad on me. And my dad just say there and didn't say a word.

I moved back to my moms that day. I told my dad I was never going back there and he could see me in public places without her.

I don't let her touch my daughter, I don't even let my dad hold her if that thing is near him.

Maybe I'm being rude. But I thought the divorce was my fault at first. (It was a week before my birthday, I thought I asked for too much for the party) and it just stung so badly that she would even think to say that.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Seems like its time to move on, no?
wixychixy
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:26 AM

hugs

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I still hate my stepmom......but for a whole different reason, lol

Are they still married?

BUT its been 7 years. Is she still mean/nasty towards you? Does she still talk to like she did when you were 14?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Time to move on
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Yes they are still married. And the one time I tried to talk things through with her, the first thug she said was
"I'm sorry you feel the need to make everything about you."

Yeah, maybe I did. But I believe you never blame a child for relationship problems.

Quoting Sassy762:

Are they still married?

BUT its been 7 years. Is she still mean/nasty towards you? Does she still talk to like she did when you were 14?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're drinking the poison, hoping she'll die..

Hugs!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Wow ..........she is a piece of cake...isn't she. It sounds like she is holding a bigger grudge.  She should have never said anything to you like that BUT your dad was right there and he should have shut her down right then and there.

How long ago did you try to talk things out with her?

Yes they are still married. And the one time I tried to talk things through with her, the first thug she said was

Yeah, maybe I did. But I believe you never blame a child for relationship problems.

Quoting Sassy762:

Are they still married?

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:41 AM

There are consequences for being a huge asshole.  Seems she is reaping them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM
It was a year ago. Right before my daughter was born. I was so upset, it almost put me in labor!
I talked to my dad about it. He told me he was so shocked that those words came out of her mouth, he didn't know how to react. At first I didn't believe him. But he recorded their argument afterwards to prove it to me. He told me he didn't want me mad at him.

Quoting Sassy762:

Wow ..........she is a piece of cake...isn't she. It sounds like she is holding a bigger grudge.  She should have never said anything to you like that BUT your dad was right there and he should have shut her down right then and there.

Quoting Sassy762:

Are they still married?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just avoid her then. She seems like huge bitch and I wouldn't want someone like that near my child. Especially after the way she talked to you when you were a teen.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was a year ago. Right before my daughter was born. I was so upset, it almost put me in labor!
I talked to my dad about it. He told me he was so shocked that those words came out of her mouth, he didn't know how to react. At first I didn't believe him. But he recorded their argument afterwards to prove it to me. He told me he didn't want me mad at him.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting Sassy762:

Are they still married?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)