Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

two year anniversary since my friends death

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 23 Replies

my friend died in a car accident. breaks my heart. he lost control of the car in nj.  last year his father had a get together for his birthday and i heard through the grape vine that the family does have a slight grudge against me.  he was scared to drive again. he had a car and a lisence but didnt drive. so i told him that he should get behind the wheel.  we met in group threapy and hit it off.  he had anxiety about driving and i offered to take him back out to get over it because he loved being a musician. he was able to book more gigs once he got back on the road too.  and he wound up dying behind the wheel. if i didnt push him he could still be here. its a shitty feeling.

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:43 AM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:43 AM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM

BUMP!

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I'm sorry, please don't blame yourself. I'm pretty sure your friend wouldn't blame you and if his family is holding a grudge it's just them not knowing how to handle the hurt of losing someone.

cjsmommie98
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM

well as far as his family they have to blame someone and he is not here to blame.As far as you go you did nothing wrong you did not wreck the car and you were doing what you did wth good intentions.You have to not beat yourself up over it 

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:53 AM

my intentions were only good. i wanted only the best for him of course.

Quoting cjsmommie98:

well as far as his family they have to blame someone and he is not here to blame.As far as you go you did nothing wrong you did not wreck the car and you were doing what you did wth good intentions.You have to not beat yourself up over it 

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you, i just wish his family knew how sorry i am for them and how i am upset about his death. i mean this isnt what i had in mind. if i knew this would be the outcome i woudnt have helped of course.

Quoting Zazayam:

I'm sorry, please don't blame yourself. I'm pretty sure your friend wouldn't blame you and if his family is holding a grudge it's just them not knowing how to handle the hurt of losing someone.

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM

BUMP!

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Its not your fault. Im sorry they are out looking for blame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)