Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son was jumped yesterday

We were visiting his dad and he went to play ball at the park. He came back crying, his lip was busted and his clothes were torn. He said the kids were cheating and he said something about it and that's when one of the kids punched him, he punched backed and the other kids jumped in. One of the kids started choking him. It was 4 kids against my ds. A few older kids recorded the whole thing while laughing. My immediate reaction was to go over there and see what happened. The kids left the park and they were sitting on a porch with their parents. They were all watching the video and laughing. I politely went up and asked "who all jumped my son" and the parents ( three loud mouthed ghetto acting women) starting going off on me. They said my son started it and their kids were taught to defend family. Of course I wanted to get loud back and possibly rip a weave out of one of their heads but it wasn't worth it. My ds has always had tons of friends. Most of his friends are like him, they use proper English, they don't go around cursing and they are not disrespectful to others. His dad told me, most of those kids have absent fathers and their mom's have multiple baby fathers and they drink all day long. Ds only concern is the video, he's afraid it's going to be on the internet. I did not call the cops because ds will not be around there anymore but I'm wondering if I should've. Can the cops retrieve the video? Is there a law against posting something like that?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Your son was assaulted and you let the kids go free with no punishment whatsoever so they feel like they can do this to another kid. You should have called the cops immediately
Delila12
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Well at least he was okay. That's all that matters.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

My ds was mad because he got beat up. I told him there was absolutely nothing he can do about getting jumped. Of course you're going to lose but that doesn't make you a punk. They're the punks. And I knew better then to try to fight 3 women and their baseball team of kids

Quoting Delila12:

How did neither of you not see or hear him being jumped? How old is he?

* never mind. I reread. I thought the three of you were at the park. And yeah call the cops. You can't fight all of them.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
The park is across the street and he saw kids playing ball and wanted to play. He's a very social kid and has no problem walking up to kids and introducing himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

If your son was there to visit his father, why was he at the park alone?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Im not usually a cop caller but seriously. you want a video of your son getting his butt kicked all over the internet? Get that video deleted! 

Photo: -Randi.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Their mothers sat there while they ganged up on your son wtf? You should have called the police! Idc who's daddy ditched them that's not ok
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
The kids were choking him, and could have killed him.. Now you've done nothing but reinforce the idea that they can scare ppl away by force. What happens if they kill the next kid they try to beat up? They needed some kind of disciplinary action and their mothers obviously aren't going to give it to them.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

We don't live in that area so he will never see those kids again. If it was an ongoing thing and my ds was being harassed, I would've thought differently. I can't call the cops every time he gets in a fight. The video is much more concerning at this point.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Your son got jumped and there's a video but you didn't call the cops?

Wtf is wrong with you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Definitely should have called the cops....common sense dear. That would have been the first thing I did before going over and talking to any kids or parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I'd love to say you're an idiot.

Your eon gets jumped and you don't call the cops? How dumb I'm sorry.

I protect my children and if they got jumped bet your ass I'd call the cops.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM

So your son gets beat up and you do nothing about it.  Stellar parenting mom!!

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I would have called the cops regardless..they probably will do this again to someone else.Ghetto or not,bullies exist in all shapes and colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)