Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son was jumped yesterday

We were visiting his dad and he went to play ball at the park. He came back crying, his lip was busted and his clothes were torn. He said the kids were cheating and he said something about it and that's when one of the kids punched him, he punched backed and the other kids jumped in. One of the kids started choking him. It was 4 kids against my ds. A few older kids recorded the whole thing while laughing. My immediate reaction was to go over there and see what happened. The kids left the park and they were sitting on a porch with their parents. They were all watching the video and laughing. I politely went up and asked "who all jumped my son" and the parents ( three loud mouthed ghetto acting women) starting going off on me. They said my son started it and their kids were taught to defend family. Of course I wanted to get loud back and possibly rip a weave out of one of their heads but it wasn't worth it. My ds has always had tons of friends. Most of his friends are like him, they use proper English, they don't go around cursing and they are not disrespectful to others. His dad told me, most of those kids have absent fathers and their mom's have multiple baby fathers and they drink all day long. Ds only concern is the video, he's afraid it's going to be on the internet. I did not call the cops because ds will not be around there anymore but I'm wondering if I should've. Can the cops retrieve the video? Is there a law against posting something like that?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I'm pretty sure my kid wasn't the first. The boys were running around without shirts on, fighting is pretty common in that type of neighborhood and me calling the cops wouldn't make a difference. Kids like that never learn until they end up in jail or dead.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Your son was assaulted and you let the kids go free with no punishment whatsoever so they feel like they can do this to another kid. You should have called the cops immediately
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I'll press charges if it ends up on the internet

Quoting brettsmomma:

Im not usually a cop caller but seriously. you want a video of your son getting his butt kicked all over the internet? Get that video deleted! 

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Of course you should call the cops. When has it ever been okay for kids to assault one another and not have legal consequences?

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
The mothers claimed they weren't at the park with them, yet they claim my ds hit first. My ds isn't dumb enough to swing first on a group of kids.

Quoting buttercup627:

Their mothers sat there while they ganged up on your son wtf? You should have called the police! Idc who's daddy ditched them that's not ok
parentalrights1
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Which is why cops would be seriously beneficial!

There is video evidence and you could have filed a lawsuit on those little bastards if they didn't delete it first.

If they post online now it's because you and the cops didn't stop them but at least you will have the video evidence then if they do it

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

We don't live in that area so he will never see those kids again. If it was an ongoing thing and my ds was being harassed, I would've thought differently. I can't call the cops every time he gets in a fight. The video is much more concerning at this point.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Your son got jumped and there's a video but you didn't call the cops?

Wtf is wrong with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Lol sure he was honey.
parentalrights1
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Never mind this is all just a giant parenting fail and you don't even see it
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Cops now honey.No waiting to see if it ends up on the internet.Maybe this is the call that gets them taken away and put in a good foster home.They are defiantly better off than with their sucky ass moms.

parentalrights1
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM
And yeah you DO call the cops every time someone assaults or beats you up

DUH

derp
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:25 AM
She's a drama queen and I highly doubt her story.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Never mind this is all just a giant parenting fail and you don't even see it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN