Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son was jumped yesterday

We were visiting his dad and he went to play ball at the park. He came back crying, his lip was busted and his clothes were torn. He said the kids were cheating and he said something about it and that's when one of the kids punched him, he punched backed and the other kids jumped in. One of the kids started choking him. It was 4 kids against my ds. A few older kids recorded the whole thing while laughing. My immediate reaction was to go over there and see what happened. The kids left the park and they were sitting on a porch with their parents. They were all watching the video and laughing. I politely went up and asked "who all jumped my son" and the parents ( three loud mouthed ghetto acting women) starting going off on me. They said my son started it and their kids were taught to defend family. Of course I wanted to get loud back and possibly rip a weave out of one of their heads but it wasn't worth it. My ds has always had tons of friends. Most of his friends are like him, they use proper English, they don't go around cursing and they are not disrespectful to others. His dad told me, most of those kids have absent fathers and their mom's have multiple baby fathers and they drink all day long. Ds only concern is the video, he's afraid it's going to be on the internet. I did not call the cops because ds will not be around there anymore but I'm wondering if I should've. Can the cops retrieve the video? Is there a law against posting something like that?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
parentalrights1
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Because kids don't need chaperones to play outside once they hit a certain age

Neither me or any friends ever had daddy walk with us to the park every day. We played by ourselves

Quoting Anonymous:

If your son was there to visit his father, why was he at the park alone?

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Pfft. Smh
imultracool
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
You should have called the cops. You still can. Do it! Those little bastards need to learn a lesson.
lnr187
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

i would definitely call the cops.

i hope your son is okay :(

jupiter5
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM
You should have called the cops those kids will only get worse as they have no positive reinforcement or role models
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM

You need to call the police and file a report!

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM
They never change because no one cares enough to help them change! Perhaps one of the policemen could have scared them straight. Perhaps the police would have realized that this is a normal thing and had a cop drive by a few time to help dissuade them from attacking kids.
You also didn't even stand up for your kid, why would he come to you with problems now when he knows you're too scared to truly help him? You know that video will probably end up online and you let it happen and left your son open to ridicule. You taught him that it's ok run scared and just ignore places you don't like instead of actually dealing with the situation.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

I'm pretty sure my kid wasn't the first. The boys were running around without shirts on, fighting is pretty common in that type of neighborhood and me calling the cops wouldn't make a difference. Kids like that never learn until they end up in jail or dead.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Your son was assaulted and you let the kids go free with no punishment whatsoever so they feel like they can do this to another kid. You should have called the cops immediately
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting parentalrights1:

And yeah you DO call the cops every time someone assaults or beats you up

DUH

derp

No kidding! Whether it gets posted on the internet or not shouldn't matter. Her son was assaulted ( allegedly) and that warrants a police report. Although given her hesitation to call the police, I have to wonder if her son wasn't exactly the innocent victim in all of this. If it happened the way she said, she should have reported it right away.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM
For the love of god, call the police woman!
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I don't know why this doesn't surprise me.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

We don't live in that area so he will never see those kids again. If it was an ongoing thing and my ds was being harassed, I would've thought differently. I can't call the cops every time he gets in a fight. The video is much more concerning at this point.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Your son got jumped and there's a video but you didn't call the cops?

Wtf is wrong with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)