Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people move places and then expect everything to change for them?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM
  • 200 Replies
2 moms liked this
When I moved, I chose an area based on my needs. I could afford it, I could work within a reasonable distance, good school system, low crime rate, and a decent amount of diversity for the amount of people that reside here. My city works for me. If it didn't, I would move, or I wouldn't have chosen this place to begin with. If I didn't have the resources atm I would be doing everything I could to do so. So why do people purposefully move to areas that don't fit the way they want to live, and then bitch about it? If you want to live in a diversified area, pick a diversified area. If you are Asian or Italian or Hispanic, and want to be surrounded by others like you, move to those areas. If you want to have everything in English, move somewhere where the predominate language is such. If you want a nice place to live, the projects are not for you. If you dont like religion, a small town in the bible belt is probably not going to be your cup of tea. But every day moms get on here and bitch about their surroundings. I dont mean the occasional irritating neighbor I mean in general. So why do you live there? I understand the whole "I have a right to" argument, but still, why would you purposefully stay somewhere that makes you unhappy?

*obviously the military is a whole other ball game. I mean people who choose where they are going and then get all pissy because its not what they want.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
4 moms liked this
We didn't get a choice, really. Well, a little bit of one, but not a final say. We moved for my husbands job. If we chose not to come or chose not to stay for 4 years he would be unemployable, essentially. Not everyone gets to choose.

That being said, I don't mind it terribly here. I wouldn't have moved here otherwise, and there are things I don't like about the specific area we moved, but I guess that would be true of anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Military. We don't get a choice.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Some were born and raised and have never lived anywhere else and can't imagine moving out of what they know.

TemptingFate
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
They don't have the resources to move, they didn't have a choice where they moved (military or job), they're stuck with family/friends while they get back on their feet... plenty of reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Sometimes there is no choice because of a job or elderly family or lack of funds to move. But yes, if you are moving and all else is equal, you should consider the area before making a decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
A job and military.

You can't always choose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes you move where the work is. Sometimes you move where you can afford. Sometimes if isn't choice but a need.
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Military would be an exception
I'm talking about people who purposefully choose where they are going and then bitch about it

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

you only don't have a choice of your duty station.   You can chose where you live around it tho.   There is no law saying you have to live on base.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
So then you take that job and work your ass off to move.
I'm talking about people that have the means to choose, and do, and then bitch because they don't like the way people do things in that area.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes you move where the work is. Sometimes you move where you can afford. Sometimes if isn't choice but a need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured