Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF? This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off!

Posted by   + Show Post

Exactly why my 13yo is not allowed to have a facebook. This is suppossed to be a TEENAGE page. Does this outrage anyone else?

**Warning: Facebook page contains inappropriate pics**

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Teens-Swag/563694026983997

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
christina0607
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My children also use it for what it's intended for. I'm very aware that I'm not a horrible mother, lol. Niot usre where that comment came from. Oh well. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

I use Facebook for what its intended for.. reconnecting with people from highschool, college, and family.
But I stand with my comment.
We parent differently, that's fine.
Doesn't make either of us horrible mothers, just different parenting styles

Quoting christina0607:

Having a facebook doesn't turn a 9yo into an adult. It's not Zoltar(that might go over your head). 

Facebook isn't evil, I have to wonder what you use facebook for that have such a ridiculous view. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

christina0607
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM

It seemed fitting. I'm just glad someone got it, lol. 

Quoting phantomphan:

You made a Big reference. I love you.

Quoting christina0607:

Having a facebook doesn't turn a 9yo into an adult. It's not Zoltar(that might go over your head). 

Facebook isn't evil, I have to wonder what you use facebook for that have such a ridiculous view. 

pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
exactly! I'm kind of thinking that some of these parents might not even know they have one. it is so crazy how young and younger the kids are getting now having a social networking accounts. this is the only account I have here on cafe mom. my daughter is very

Quoting jujubear1:

My 8 year old dd has friends with fb pages. They don't use them much, but that is just ridiculous imo. Not to mention, kids are usually annoying when they start posting stuff. I know....if I don't like it, block them. But how about not giving your kid an fb to begin with.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

oh wow, I thought I was the only one without a Facebook account! I totally agree.my oldest daughter is 11, her friends have facebook Instagram Twitter, really?? they all try to get her to convince me that she needs one,lol. her friend even wrote up a whole page for me about how she can have a private account on Instagram.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Well that's not clicky for me but I don't see why a teen needs Facebook anyway. I don't have one. It's a chance for pedophiles to try to find a victim, place for bullies to do what they do... I just don't think that Facebook is a necessity

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
The comment was because I didn't want you to think I was attacking your mothering.
But hey, whatever.

Quoting christina0607:

My children also use it for what it's intended for. I'm very aware that I'm not a horrible mother, lol. Niot usre where that comment came from. Oh well. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

I use Facebook for what its intended for.. reconnecting with people from highschool, college, and family.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting couture-mommy:

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Exactly.

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

Innapropriate yes, but it isn't like teenagers wont find this kind of shit without facebook.

pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM
mature for her age and she understands why she can't have one. but her friend are putting it in her head she should have won

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

exactly! I'm kind of thinking that some of these parents might not even know they have one. it is so crazy how young and younger the kids are getting now having a social networking accounts. this is the only account I have here on cafe mom. my daughter is very

Quoting jujubear1:

My 8 year old dd has friends with fb pages. They don't use them much, but that is just ridiculous imo. Not to mention, kids are usually annoying when they start posting stuff. I know....if I don't like it, block them. But how about not giving your kid an fb to begin with.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

oh wow, I thought I was the only one without a Facebook account! I totally agree.my oldest daughter is 11, her friends have facebook Instagram Twitter, really?? they all try to get her to convince me that she needs one,lol. her friend even wrote up a whole page for me about how she can have a private account on Instagram.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Well that's not clicky for me but I don't see why a teen needs Facebook anyway. I don't have one. It's a chance for pedophiles to try to find a victim, place for bullies to do what they do... I just don't think that Facebook is a necessity

christina0607

Oh, I never thought you had that ability. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

The comment was because I didn't want you to think I was attacking your mothering.
But hey, whatever.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting couture-mommy:

pinkfairy0206
One

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

mature for her age and she understands why she can't have one. but her friend are putting it in her head she should have won

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Quoting jujubear1:

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Um, a warning on that would have been nice.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Was i looking at a teen page or a slut page?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)