Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF? This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off!

Posted by   + Show Post

Exactly why my 13yo is not allowed to have a facebook. This is suppossed to be a TEENAGE page. Does this outrage anyone else?

**Warning: Facebook page contains inappropriate pics**

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Teens-Swag/563694026983997

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (51-59):
christina0607
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

My kids are older, when they get older you learn to deal with them at that age. I completely understand how you couldn't see that far into the future. When my kids were babies I had some pretty strong opinions about things I really had no idea how they would play out. 

Quoting newmom3012:

My son is only seven months old.....

How can you police everything? Do you get on and look at every friend's page and every friends' likes pages? You can't possibly govern all they see online. Do you stand over them as they are on Facebook? Do you make them get your approval before posting pictures or statuses? Even deleting stuff on Facebook doesn't take it away, so once they post something it's there forever. A 9 year just can't understand that completely.

Quoting christina0607:

My kids have had no problem with facebook. It it's somehting your children can't handle then don't let them use it. Seems pretty simple. 

Quoting newmom3012:

Internet safety is a huge issue for ADULTS. Now take a 9 year old who lacks maturity and understanding - do you really think they're equipped to deal with thematic and safety issues of being "online" at that age? I don't.

No one NEEDS Facebook, but pre-pubescent kids need to be protected FROM Facebook. How do you not understand that distinction? It's not like she was saying your kid can't eat dinner and then have dessert as a treat....she's saying your 9 year old shouldn't have a Facebook account because it's dangerous.

newmom3012
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I babysit kids who are 13 with Facebook. They talk about threesomes their friends are having and post pictures of themselves in towels. Their parents monitor their Facebook too - or at least they think they do.

Quoting christina0607:

My kids are older, when they get older you learn to deal with them at that age. I completely understand how you couldn't see that far into the future. When my kids were babies I had some pretty strong opinions about things I really had no idea how they would play out. 

Quoting newmom3012:

How can you police everything? Do you get on and look at every friend's page and every friends' likes pages? You can't possibly govern all they see online. Do you stand over them as they are on Facebook? Do you make them get your approval before posting pictures or statuses? Even deleting stuff on Facebook doesn't take it away, so once they post something it's there forever. A 9 year just can't understand that completely.

Quoting christina0607:

My kids have had no problem with facebook. It it's somehting your children can't handle then don't let them use it. Seems pretty simple. 

Quoting newmom3012:

Internet safety is a huge issue for ADULTS. Now take a 9 year old who lacks maturity and understanding - do you really think they're equipped to deal with thematic and safety issues of being "online" at that age? I don't.

No one NEEDS Facebook, but pre-pubescent kids need to be protected FROM Facebook. How do you not understand that distinction? It's not like she was saying your kid can't eat dinner and then have dessert as a treat....she's saying your 9 year old shouldn't have a Facebook account because it's dangerous.

christina0607
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I've never claimed that all children with Facebook's are angels. I can only account for my own. 

Quoting newmom3012:

I babysit kids who are 13 with Facebook. They talk about threesomes their friends are having and post pictures of themselves in towels. Their parents monitor their Facebook too - or at least they think they do.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting newmom3012:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting newmom3012:

Double.Life
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

That just made me sick :(

Quoting newmom3012:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting newmom3012:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting newmom3012:

kaylamom2004
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

A 13 yr old should NOT have a FB. Period.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

My kids are allowed on my facebook to play games, but thats it

69liliem10
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Not outraged, not surprised either. 

newmom3012
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Yep yep. Me too.

Quoting Double.Life:

That just made me sick :(

Quoting newmom3012:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting newmom3012:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting newmom3012:

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I don't have one neither does my ds. Dh does bc we chat with family and friends in Mexico and southern ca. And Chicago. But my kid ain't getting one until he's at least 18. Neither of them are until then
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN