Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

6 Facebook Pics That Will Get You Fired From Your Job (PHOTOS) Do you have any pics like these on your FB page?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 234 Replies

6 Facebook Pics That Will Get You Fired From Your Job (PHOTOS)

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

costumeThere's Facebook photos you shouldn't post simply because they're a visual assault on people's newsfeeds, and then there's Facebook photos you shouldn't post because they'll get you fired. Or not hired. In people's zeal to be seen/heard/remembered on social media, they seem to forget that the people who write you a paycheck every week (or who could be writing you a paycheck) can easily see what you've been up to. And they may not like it.

Here are 6 Facebook photos that will surely get you fired.

The Boob Grab Shot

Whether it's you grabbing a friend's, or a friend grabbing yours, just ... no. Unless you're applying to Hooters, this is not something your potential boss wants to see you doing. Highly unprofessional.

The Boob Grab Shot

The Funneling Beer Shot

Ah, funneling beer. The tell-tale sign that someone is in college. AKA, if you're not currently in college (or you're in college trying to get a professionalish job), don't post a photo of you doing this. Chugging a beer in 2 seconds flat doesn't exactly scream, "I'm a master of TPS reports!"

The Funneling Beer Shot

The Sexy Halloween Costume Shot

If you were a boss, would you look at a photo of an employee dressed as a sexy sex pot, and think, "This person is super responsible. They deserve a raise"?

The Sexy Halloween Costume Shot

The Shower Shot

You (sane person) may find it hard to believe that someone would post a photo of themselves in the shower on the Internet. But they exist. I've seen 'em with my own two eyes. Good thing I'm not a boss.

The Shower Shot

The Middle Finger Shot

While I admit, the 10-year-old in me will always find middle finger photos amusing, they're really not a good look for someone who's friends with their boss on Facebook/looking for a job. In fact, I'm nervous I'm going to get in trouble from my boss for this photo.

The Middle Finger Shot

The Illegal Shot

While you may not think it's a big deal to unwind at the end of a day with an herbal refreshment, your boss may. And so may the cops, so no.

The Illegal Shot

Do you have any pics like these on your FB page?

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Actually my boss would find these hilarious. He would make jokes forever but he wouldn't fire us over it. He's a pretty awesome guy with a great sense of humor. I still wouldn't post this shit but I have three coworkers who do and then tag the boss in it hell we just celebrated my bosses and mine birthday in July (same day) and we have pics of him doing a keg stand.
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
28 moms liked this
Its unprofessional to fire or not hire someone based on what they do when they are not at work.
Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
11 moms liked this

Well, I'm a SAHM and don't post those kinds of pics anyways. BUT I find it utterly ridiculous that bosses/jobs feel they should be checking peoples facebooks and bringing their personal lives into the work place.

If they're awesome at work, WTF does it matter what they do in their personal time?

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
8 moms liked this

No it isn't it is unprofessional to act like that, if you have a professional job (doctor, teacher, lawyer etc) you need to behave to your job (at least outwardly). Sure if you are a shot girl act like trash.

Quoting MelanieMans:

Its unprofessional to fire or not hire someone based on what they do when they are not at work.

CafeMom Tickers
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Nope!

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
8 moms liked this

Imagine a doctor snorting coke blasted on public fb his health opinions are blown. Do you really want to see pictures of your child's teacher half naked and smoking weed? Image matters

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

Well, I'm a SAHM and don't post those kinds of pics anyways. BUT I find it utterly ridiculous that bosses/jobs feel they should be checking peoples facebooks and bringing their personal lives into the work place.

If they're awesome at work, WTF does it matter what they do in their personal time?

CafeMom Tickers
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

It i constantly  amazes me  how stupid people can be!  A commerical once said  Posting stuff to the internet is like shouting  out to the world  your personal business to a billion people at once!

I think some of these our funny I am suprised by  the stuff my sisterinlaw  puts on there.  My stuff is all family oritentated very boring lol!   I got account ot put up pictures for my family out of state to see.

I tihnk people going to post this stupid junk should put this in a friends only account. Make a professional accout.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Not currently, no.  Some older albums on my FB had those kinds of pics though and I set them to private.

But my employer wouldn't see any of these pics because I don't have coworkers on my page and it's set to private.  If you aren't on my friends list you can't see anything.

eykelley
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this
I think its bs that companies look at peoples fbs to judge them lol. If they are responsible hardworkers then let them dress ip in a sexy costume for halloweeb or do a keg stand. Damn!
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes it is unprofessional. My dad has dressed as a woman multiple times in halloween and he even did a fashion show dressed as a woman, his boss loved it, he would never fire my dad because my dad is a great worker. As long as you do your job it is very unprofessional to fire someone based on their home life.

Quoting SweetPea2004:No it isn't it is unprofessional to act like that, if you have a professional job (doctor, teacher, lawyer etc) you need to behave to your job (at least outwardly). Sure if you are a shot girl act like trash.
Quoting MelanieMans:Its unprofessional to fire or not hire someone based on what they do when they are not at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)