Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cant get him to STOP BARKING!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

When ever I leave the room he barks. If he is alone he barks. If he is in his kennel he barks. When I leave the house he barks. When I put him in the yard on the line he barks. At night he barks, and in the morning he barks until we wake up. I dont know what to do. We got him two weeks ago and it WONT STOP BARKING. I have tried treats, peanut butter, bones, blankets, doggy calming pills.. The next step is going to be a shock collar because I dont know what else to do. Any tips would be great

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I'd pop him on the butt before I shocked him.
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Separation anxiety?

A vet can help you get him over the hump.  ANd I would treat it, because it can get so horribly bad.  We had a dog who ate parts of our house and broke out of those big metal indoor kennels because OMG SHE LEFT.  It was so awful.  Doggy prozac would have been cheaper and less stressful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
They have these things that hurt the dogs ears when he barks. We had to get one when we lived in an Apartment because our dogs barked while kenneled. It stopped them from barking. We got it at Petco and it was like $40
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Dogs bark...some more than others. It's just a fact of life. I don't recommend shock collars because I think they're inhumane. I don't have any other solutions so if that's what you want to do, I can't stop you. Personally, I just learn to deal with it. My dog is blind and barks at every little sound and movement. It drives me nuts. But he's already missing his sight, and I'm not about to take away his voice, too.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
How old is he?
danijean
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My beagle did that. Somehow she chewed through the plastic bottom and the carpet. I was not happy.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Separation anxiety?

A vet can help you get him over the hump.  ANd I would treat it, because it can get so horribly bad.  We had a dog who ate parts of our house and broke out of those big metal indoor kennels because OMG SHE LEFT.  It was so awful.  Doggy prozac would have been cheaper and less stressful.

mojogirl
by RoseannRoseannadanna on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM

i've actually heard good success stories with people training with bark collars and every vet i've talked to about them doesn't have a problem with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
No not I hate shock collars. Dogs bark for a reason . He or she may sense something. Does your dog have a friend like another dog
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Kill it. No, don't do that. They have medication for calming dogs. My sister gave it to her chiwienny demon. Can't remember the name but you can get it at petSmart and Walmart
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN