Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Winter coats

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 43 Replies
Where do you typically get your kids winter coats/jackets from? Right now I'm debating between the old navy frost free, gap jacket, or the north face Aconcagua for my soon to be 10 yo dd. were in Chicago and the winters can be pretty crazy. Anyone have any reviews on the old navy and gap jackets?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I love North Face coats. They hold up so well and are super warm. I get ours at a local sporting goods store though.
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I bought DS a coat from Gap at the end of last winter. It was like March and everything was on sale. We got it for like $20 and just bought a size up so it fits this winter. He wore it a few times last winter and it seems pretty warm.
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quoting Hoppers33:

I love North Face coats. They hold up so well and are super warm. I get ours at a local sporting goods store though.

This. Or I buy them at Macys. Gap warmest jackets are nice, too!

mistie900
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
We go with old navy because I get a discount. The last two years now I've gotten them coats for $8-$12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I just get mine at Wal Mart.  They grow out of them every year so i dont spend a bunch of money.  Plus they are only 3 so they arent walking to school or out in the col very much.  

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I get them in April, when they are all on clearance. I just hit the stores that have decent brands. 

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Sam's is where we got them this year.

pregnant

choaspartyof4
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We are getting my son a north face this year. He had an old navy 2 years ago and it fell apart so quickly. Last year he had a brand from kohls... Can't remember and it was good just too small to wear again this year.
lazycamper
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We used to get Columbia when he was a little nut. I found it did not hold up well, so I broke down and bought a five year old north face. Best winter coat ever for a little kid. It held up beautifully and will be donated looking almost brands new. We have crazy winters, too and we also spend a lot of time outside, so quality is a must.
Marimaru
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Burlington Coat Factory is a good place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN