Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal??tmi

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 8 Replies
I had a baby Oct will be 2 months ago. I just got my first period since having him. I've been bleeding for 11days straight now. Is that normal?? I don't remember bleeding this long when I had my last child 6yrs ago.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chan_Brawner88
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Yes. My very first period after the crazy heavy one was much heavier than my usual. The one after that was normal. If you start to feel light headed or go through a pad every hour or 2, that warrants a call to your ob.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Did you go on birth control?

With my first they put me on Yaz and I bled for 3 weeks. As soon as I stopped taking it, I stopped bleeding. My midwife wasn't concerned unless I was going through pads in less than an hour.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Yea I'm on NEXPLANON. Its a implant in the arm.

Quoting smorgan865:

With my first they put me on Yaz and I bled for 3 weeks. As soon as I stopped taking it, I stopped bleeding. My midwife wasn't concerned unless I was going through pads in less than an hour.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Okay thank you. Had me worried.

Quoting Chan_Brawner88:

Yes. My very first period after the crazy heavy one was much heavier than my usual. The one after that was normal. If you start to feel light headed or go through a pad every hour or 2, that warrants a call to your ob.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I wonder if it's from that. I'm not sure what the process would be to get it checked out. I mean obviously you can't stop taking it on your own. I'd give your OB/midwife a call and see what they say.

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting smorgan865:

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
That birth control will cause abnormal periods. I've had mine in for over a year now and have just started spotting instead of bleeding for weeks. You are fine. Word of advice, until your body gets used to the birth control always have a pad/tampon with you. My bleeding wasn't heavy enough for a tampon but everyone is different

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting smorgan865:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1will
by Amethyst on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Okay thank you so much. I will make sure to keep some in the diaper bag and my bag. Hubby wanted me to call the doc cause he thought something was wrong. I just couldn't remember howlong you bleed for after having the baby .

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

That birth control will cause abnormal periods. I've had mine in for over a year now and have just started spotting instead of bleeding for weeks. You are fine. Word of advice, until your body gets used to the birth control always have a pad/tampon with you. My bleeding wasn't heavy enough for a tampon but everyone is different

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting smorgan865:

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
There may be times were you swear you are pregnant. I stopped feeling that way right after a year. I would go to the dollar store and get the $1 pregnancy tests to put my mind at ease.
I just thought I'd let you know so you don't freak out like I did.

Quoting amy1will:

Okay thank you so much. I will make sure to keep some in the diaper bag and my bag. Hubby wanted me to call the doc cause he thought something was wrong. I just couldn't remember howlong you bleed for after having the baby .

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting smorgan865:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)