Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've gotten in seriously great shape twice now... ask me anything!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm bored. I lost 70 lbs and joined the military and now have lost 50 since the day I gave birth to my son in Feb. I'm Paleo, have trained to run, weightlift, crossfit and other random things 

If you have any weight loss questions, ask away! 

If this gets ugly, I will delete it. I'm bored and my ODS is at a sleepover.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have pix of before you lost weight and current ones?

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Good job
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Where would one start to get in shape?? Lose about 15 pounds?? Belly butt and legs??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Ugh. I know how just haven't done it. I was in great shape in the army. 3 kids and a very busy life later I suck. Life is changing though so soon I'll get started!
No questions here but great job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I do! I've posted them here a few times before, but obviously doing so would undo the Anon. lol

I make sure tht as painful as taking the 'befores' are, it's necessary. I take pictures on Tuesdays, when I do my measurements (Tapemeasure Tuesdays, I call them) :)

Right now. THIS is my ultimate goal physique. I still have about 10 lbs to lose and a lot more muscle to gain, though. It should take me about 6 more months.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Some days I wish I could reenlist just to get my basic training body back...

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I love theChive! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I do! I've posted them here a few times before, but obviously doing so would undo the Anon. lol

I make sure tht as painful as taking the 'befores' are, it's necessary. I take pictures on Tuesdays, when I do my measurements (Tapemeasure Tuesdays, I call them) :)

Right now. THIS is my ultimate goal physique. I still have about 10 lbs to lose and a lot more muscle to gain, though. It should take me about 6 more months.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Ewwww gross.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, the first place to look at is your DIET. You can run until you're blue in the face, but it won't change a dimple on your butt until you stop eating crap. Unfortunately, that's also the scariest/hardest part for most people because of the emotional attachment that comes with food. If you can commit to drinking 75 oz of water a day and cutting out milk, pop, juice and alcohol, you're going to notice a change in how you FEEL. 

If you can cut out refined sugars and gluten, you'll feel like you've never felt before! Your body (unless you already eat clean) is very much addicted to these two things and the first week will suck, but after you detox, your energy levels will skyrocket and you will notice changes in your mood, ect. 

Where are you physically? Height/weight? Have you worked out in the past?

Quoting Anonymous:

Where would one start to get in shape?? Lose about 15 pounds?? Belly butt and legs??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
5 moms liked this

You may think that's gross, but I see years of dedication and training. I see a woman who has taken power over her own physique and fitness and driven herself to become the strong athlete she has aspired to be. I'd rather be a size 8 and be able to squat 200 lbs than to be a size 2 with no butt ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ewwww gross.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)