Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you stick it out, or would you quit?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I sell avon. and am not making any profit. due to buying brochures, the shipping fee avon charges the reps, and not having many customers.... this month I figured out I am negitive -$15 due to these reasons. I am not buying anything else for myself. and im making sure I get the best deal I can on my brochures... and try to encurage the use of the ebrochure....but the shipping fee is hurting me... and its eating into my profit. I charge my customers a small shipping fee. becasue I do need to bring it to them so it covers part of my transportation.

im getting discouraged. and regretting starting....

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I would probably quit.

WrstMomever
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

How long have you been doing it? Do you see potential for getting a larger customer base?I sold Avon for a year and made good money,but I also worked fulltime in a company full of women who were more than happy to buy from me every month.Anyway,the more customers you have the better the income obviously. Like most business ventures,you are never going to make money in the beginning,so I guess I would first ask myself how long and how much have you invested into it.

wagners7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you gone to the local meetings to talk with the other sales reps, to get tips on making it work?  Sometimes just re-evaluating your business plan might be all you need.  Depends on how long you have been at this and what is a reasonable time table to see profits?

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I've never heard of anyone making money selling Avon unless they have a lot of people under them.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Try working for a company with quality products. It makes a huge difference. I don't have to deliver products and the customer gets charged the shipping, not me, it's right on the order form. Plus our products are much higher quality than Avon ever thought of being. That's like buying make-up at the grocery store!

The PP's were rightn tho. if you're new it's normal to be losing a little, it takes time to build a customer base so you're getting regular orders and re-orders when they run out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM

its only my first month. this time around... I wah/sah so I get friends or family or people I meet out and about... 

I use to sell it a few yrs ago. and made ok money... but I also worked ft and didnt have kids

Quoting WrstMomever:

How long have you been doing it? Do you see potential for getting a larger customer base?I sold Avon for a year and made good money,but I also worked fulltime in a company full of women who were more than happy to buy from me every month.Anyway,the more customers you have the better the income obviously. Like most business ventures,you are never going to make money in the beginning,so I guess I would first ask myself how long and how much have you invested into it.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I know how you feel. Im sorry hun. Im not in Avon though. Im sticking it out until after Christmas to see if business picks up. We created this company last December to fund a surgery we need to have a healthy baby and its been eating me alive. Im going to give it a full year though. The first year of business IS the hardest! 

I say stick it out til Christmas if you can. GL hun!! 

momwriter
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Quit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I know! I did it an quit. It is not a money maker at all. I always went in the hole.
anotherhalf
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I'd give it a couple more months. Do you have a BNI or other networking group you can join?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)