Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm being catfished...right here on CM.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

Not in a romantic way, but I think someone is totally catfishing me. Started with a PM, and then went on to lots of messages and emails. Something's off, though. Their life is too dramatic, too outrageous, too full of close calls and near death experiences.  Now family members are emailing me with updates...? It can't be real. But if it is, how huge a douche am I for doubting? Has this ever happened to anyone here? Am I being played?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I have been carfished. Sounds about right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

How were you catfished? Does it sound like the same experience?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been carfished. Sounds about right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM
It's possible . I quit accepting requests when a few different people kept pming me about spanking my kids and one even asked if I ever caught my preteen daughter masterbating. People are fucking weird.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Good god...that's freaking weird.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's possible . I quit accepting requests when a few different people kept pming me about spanking my kids and one even asked if I ever caught my preteen daughter masterbating. People are fucking weird.

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Ew!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Damn.  Nothing freaky like that is happening, but ...damn!  Masturbating? Weird doesn't even cover it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Chunkymunkey922
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. I was friends with a woman who would send out mass 500 word emails to me and several other members about EVERYTHING she did in her day to day life. Three or four emails a day. It was insane. After a week I blocked her lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Yup, I remember when those PM's started going around. So gross.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

But was she who she said she was? If there was a way to know, I mean.

Quoting Chunkymunkey922:

Ugh. I was friends with a woman who would send out mass 500 word emails to me and several other members about EVERYTHING she did in her day to day life. Three or four emails a day. It was insane. After a week I blocked her lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
What's catfishing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured