Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4th grade & masturbating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies

I teach 4th grade and have been a teacher almost 15 years. Today the para in my room asked if I had noticed Jill(not her real name) constantly had her hand in her lap. I knew she usually did but hadn't paid close attention. She's quiet, and seems attentive. She is on an iep and usually has para support so honestly she works more with the special ed teacher and paras than she works with me. Apparently she has been masturbating in class. Every day. Several times a day. After the para brought it to my attention I couldn't help but notice. I realize it's not a bad thing, but it's not a class appropriate activity. If the other kids notice it would be awful. It was really distracting to look over and see her arm and shoulder pumping away while I was having class. I do not want to embarrass the child or make her feel bad, but I think this situation needs to be handled and handled delicately. 

If this were your little girl, what would be a nice way for the teacher to bring it up to you (the parent of the child)? I've had lots of awkward conversations over the years, but this is one I'm not sure how to approach. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Full on in her pants or just on top?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Um... Good luck is all I got. I have no idea how to handle that one
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Goodness idk. Have a parent teacher conference and maybe just tell the parents that the child often has her hand in her pants, but not necessarily mention masturbating
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Full on in her pants. Up through the leg of her shorts I think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Full on in her pants or just on top?

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Wouldn't this also be something to bring up with her parents?
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM
No idea.... So here's a bump!
muzzyh
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Oh my glory. Talk to her parents. Immediately. If other kids haven't noticed yet, they will very soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Dies she gave a disability?

If she is masterbating non stop at school you can bet she us doing it at home too. Her patents likely won't be surprised, just tell them.
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Could it be a yeast infection, or something like that, that makes you itchy?  She could be scratching.

greywitchoregon
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

She needs to understand that this doesnt need to happen at school. Have her speak to the school nurse, id hate for her to get punished for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured