Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know Bryce Mosiers story?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
He was killed by his daycare workers negligence.

Have you heard of this story?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Bump
matheson7
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM

No.

JonesMama
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM

No, I haven't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I can't post clicky links bc I'm mobile.
matheson7
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM

http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/27/2547338/parents-seek-state-action-against.html

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:58 AM

No. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I read the link posted. 

I was under the assumption that the whole back to sleep thing was so that babies didn't smother? 

Fri the article the baby didn't smother, he passed from SIDS. laying him on his back is all well and good but at five months of age that he is more then capable of turning himself over to his stomach. 

I think the parents are devastated by their loss and want to blame the worker. SIDS could've happened if the baby was on his back, I think that they should just grieve and work to move on. It's unhealthy to hold such bitterness and anger. I understand their pain,  but it was ruled as SIDS and not the fault of the worker. 

May the lil man rip. 

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:15 AM

She put the infant on a soft surface on his stomach.  Both of those things were no-nos when my daughter was an infant almost 16 years ago.  The woman should have been charged with criminal neglect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:28 AM
He was put down for a nap in a soft surface on his stomach, where he was smothered.

The parents specified never to allow him on his stomach and the worker did anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

I read the link posted. 

I was under the assumption that the whole back to sleep thing was so that babies didn't smother? 

Fri the article the baby didn't smother, he passed from SIDS. laying him on his back is all well and good but at five months of age that he is more then capable of turning himself over to his stomach. 

I think the parents are devastated by their loss and want to blame the worker. SIDS could've happened if the baby was on his back, I think that they should just grieve and work to move on. It's unhealthy to hold such bitterness and anger. I understand their pain,  but it was ruled as SIDS and not the fault of the worker. 

May the lil man rip. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)