Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH shut the F up, you missed the birth of our child, your fault, stop complaining.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 289 Replies
1 mom liked this

Two weeks ago, I had mine and DH's second child. He was at work when I went into labor but I called him and told him to meet me at the hospital when he got off. I got to the hospital at 6 pm and was 5 cm dilated. He got off of work at 7 pm and could have been at the hospital by 7:30. BUT his mom called him and begged him to pick her up on the way because she "had no other way to get there and didn't want to wait till the next day when he could come get her to see the baby". She is 58 and doesn't drive, just never has. They used to live in NY where this was not a problem but now we live in a small town where it is.

Anyway, it was an hour out of his way to get her (half an hour there, half just to get back to his work where he started) and he knew I was 7 cm by the time he got off work but, despite my telling him he wouldn't likely have time to go get her (and that I really didn't want her to come while I was giving birth because I didn't want her in the room), despite the fact that I said we could call her a cab and we would pay for it, he went and got her.  I had the baby at 8:02 pm. He didn't show up until 8:40.

Now he won't stop whining about how he missed the birth and how sad he is about it. I am sick of hearing it. He almost acts like he is trying to guilt trip me, like I should have held the baby in or something. I mean basically, he chose not to make it there on time, even if he didn't know that he wouldn't make it there on time, why take the risk? He has said that I should have picked her up on the way to  the hospital as it was only 10 minutes out of my way. Well I didn't know how long I had so I wasn't going to make unnecessary stops and as I said, I didn't really feel the need for her to be there. My mom was there, yes, because she drove me to the hospital (with my DD, our first child)

I mean I am the one who should be pissed, I wanted him there and I feel like he chose getting his mother there earlier then she would be been over being there at the birth.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM

BUMP!

skymama10
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM
15 moms liked this
To be honest I think you're both being silly.
anoncalypse
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW i live in hawaii my dh was on another island for a wedding th weekend i went in to labor with our second child......  and even he made it home before i gave birth..... with 20 minutes to spare

JamieBue38
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
8 moms liked this
That's ridiculous. What a douchebag, he couldn't be there for his wife?
Nutball3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
8 moms liked this
His fault. You offered to get her a cab why did he stil choose to drive the extra hour to get her then whine when he missed it!
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Ya he has no one to  e upset with but himself.  He could have gone to get his mom after bay was born and y'all were in the room resting 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
22 moms liked this

How is she being silly? It was his fault he missed the birth and I wouldn't want to hear about it if I was her either. She gave him a bunch of options he choose the one that would make him miss the birth. I don't see how any of this is her fault.

Quoting skymama10:

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM
5 moms liked this

Well,it is his fault. He should feel bad but he shouldn't take it out on you. Tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine and push it out if he wants to see some birth action. lol

Nutball3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
What's she being silly about?

Quoting skymama10:

poietes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM
5 moms liked this
Meh, yeah its stupid but there is no changing it. You both need to get over it and enjoy your new little one. Congrats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)