Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UGH My confession for the night and venting

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 25 Replies

I broke my wrist and injured my rotary cuff and am drugged up on 3 different kinds of meds. My mom just called to tell me my step dad may not make it through the night ( terminal cancer) and I dont want to fly home.  I cant stand my sisters.  I will be forced to sleep on a couch since I cant afford a hotel room ( and cant drive anywhere) and that just sounds painful right now because my sister always takes the bed in my mom's house and wont share.  I am very irritated because mom wants me to come on home but I cant drive, and will have to depend on my sister to take me everywhere and it sounds like torture, since they will accuse me of faking it despite the cast and sling.  I know this sounds extremely selfish but this thing hurts like hell and Vicodin always makes  me cranky ( I could never get addicted because I hate how I feel) but Ibuprofen doesn't stop the pain at all.  I am very upset about my stepdad but going there sounds like Hell right now.  I am so frustrated,sad and angry.  I am bawling right now because well this just sucks.    I am of course going, I just was venting

Also,  has anyone injured their rotary cuff?  is it supposed to hurt like this?  My wrist doesnt hurt hardly at all anymore but the shoulder has been hurting so bad I get nauseaous for a week now.  just went back to the DR today and they are going to start PT next week.

I realize these problems seem really petty and please dont think I am not horribly upset about my stepfather.  I am heartbroken, I knew this was going to happen soon, the injury is just making everything so hard and frustrating.

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Im sorry if this sounds rude but suck it up! This isn't about your sisters or them driving you everywhere. Im sorry you're in pain but you could lose your father. That should be whats more important!

sorry stepfather
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry if this sounds rude but suck it up! This isn't about your sisters or them driving you everywhere. Im sorry you're in pain but you could lose your father. That should be whats more important!

sorry stepfather

I realize this, and I know its not about me.  He's been very very sick for months so this isn't a surprise and will almost be a relief because of his suffering.  I will of course go I am just venting about hurting and being overall miserable.  Normally I wouldnt even think about anything else and would already be on  a plane but I have to wait for DH to get home in a few hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Oh okay. In your post it sounded like you weren't going. I hope you feel better real soon.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry stepfather

I realize this, and I know its not about me.  He's been very very sick for months so this isn't a surprise and will almost be a relief because of his suffering.  I will of course go I am just venting about hurting and being overall miserable.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I injured my rotator cuff and it didn't heal for almost 2 yrs.It sucked.

I understand how you're feeling,I really do but....like the other lady said,suck it up!This isn't about you.My dad is also dying of cancer and even if I didn't think I'd have time to make it home and say goodbye to him one last time,I would want to be there with my family...like them or not.I hope your family can be there for one another in,what I know is,a very trying time.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama, I'm so sorry. Hang in there as best as you can! :)

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Quoting MrsApple:

I injured my rotator cuff and it didn't heal for almost 2 yrs.It sucked.

I understand how you're feeling,I really do but....like the other lady said,suck it up!This isn't about you.My dad is also dying of cancer and even if I didn't think I'd have time to make it home and say goodbye to him one last time,I would want to be there with my family...like them or not.I hope your family can be there for one another in,what I know is,a very trying time.

I know and you're right I am going first thing in the morning just bought my tickets.   My step dad is very important to me and I have been home several times since the diagnosis and him and I spent a lot of time together and this would hit me an entirely different way if I could feel something besides pain and drugs...Thats super scary about the 2 yr for the injury to heal..were you in pain the whole time?

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I know you're just griping about what's easier to gripe about than what's about to really happen =( I get like that too. Big hugs and lots of luck. Safe travels.

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes when we are faced with difficult things, the minor things seem amplified.

It's our minds way of deflecting the pain into things we can control in order to better cope.

The day my grandma died I had gotten a really bad haircut.  When I found out my grandma died, I honestly cried about my hair and went into a frenzy trying to fix it.

It wasn't that I didn't care about my grandmother.  It was a combo of being overwhelmed and deflecting.

((hugs))

It sounds awful, way worse than a haircut.  I hope it all goes by as easily as possible.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Quoting littlesippycup:

I know you're just griping about what's easier to gripe about than what's about to really happen =( I get like that too. Big hugs and lots of luck. Safe travels.

You hit the nail on the head...Thats exactly it.  I am very upset about my stepdad and I have been crying but this pain and my sister accused me of faking it already and I just needed to vent

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I don't know anything about the healing process of your injury...I do know it can take quite a while. I'm sorry your sister needs to grow up and hasn't done it =/ Now is really not the time for her to be doing that. I hope she knocks it off.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

Quoting littlesippycup:

You hit the nail on the head...Thats exactly it.  I am very upset about my stepdad and I have been crying but this pain and my sister accused me of faking it already and I just needed to vent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)