Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

post partum depression

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Hi, I've been diagnosed with post partum depression, my dd is about to be 10 months soon.
I'm not really sure how the depression happened...and I hate not being able to snap out of it.
Each day I wake up feeling sad, feeling ugly, and lazy. I have this beautiful child that I was blessed with, yet she doesn't feel mine sometimes. I cry all day, my husband says it's all in my head, he tells everyone I don't love my baby, that I'm a terrible mother, that I'm unattractive, and he constantly tells me that sex is the only thing that MIGHT save our marriage. I try every day to make my baby happy, but I can't help but be unhappy myself, as if my life has come to a halt. I do love my daughter, she's very healthy, and smart, but some how, I can't help but feel like I'm fucking up and I hate feeling like I wasn't cut out to be a mother....
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM
((Hugs)) I went through PPD and didn't have a supportive husband too. It's only going to get worse with him. Start planning to get away from him. He is not helping you get better. Trust me, I have experience in this.
cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Sounds like your hubby is as much of a problem as your depression. He would make me depressed too. Get help for your depression ---and you might realize why your husband needs to change or it won't work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I had it felt the same way, my husband didn't treat me that way tho, everyone denied my ppd I kept it well hidden until one day I snapped and my mom saw and made me go to the dr..I didn't know what was wrong either, I felt like she didn't belong to me, like I was mad at her for coming early, like I was cheated, like I never got to bond they way I had thought we would...I could go on and on but seriously get help don't wait
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM
How do I get help?
What's gonna happen when I go to the doctor?

Quoting Anonymous:

I had it felt the same way, my husband didn't treat me that way tho, everyone denied my ppd I kept it well hidden until one day I snapped and my mom saw and made me go to the dr..I didn't know what was wrong either, I felt like she didn't belong to me, like I was mad at her for coming early, like I was cheated, like I never got to bond they way I had thought we would...I could go on and on but seriously get help don't wait

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM
How do I get help?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:37 AM
All you do is go to your obgyn or family dr and tell them how you are feeling and that you think you might need some help getting yourself back on track, they will ask you a few questions and more than likely give you an antidepressant, most are mild and honestly work well with little to no side effects

Quoting Anonymous:

How do I get help?

Quoting Anonymous:

jscbear
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM

My son is almost 16 months old and I still suffer from PPD. My doctor suggested seeing   therapist and , if I wanted them anti-depressents. I see a therapist once every two weeks now. At first it was twice a week. I was blessed in that my husband saw what was going on with me-crying all the time, feeling like a failure because I.couldn't breast feed, thoughts of harming our son-and he helped me find the help.I needed.

Hang in there, and talk to some one supportive about your feelings it will help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)