Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RLS & PLMS

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:37 AM
  • 30 Replies
It's 3:30am and I am awake because I forgot to refill my meds for RLS and PLMS.
It sucks! I have a brunch date with my bff who really needs me right now and I have to pack my whole house because we are moving in two weeks and I am going to be useless tomorrow!

Ask me anything...I need to take my mind off these stupid legs!!!
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Have you tried to cut out wheat? That's something I read that will go away if you eliminate it from your diet.
lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Really? I haven't heard that. Is it the gluten that causes the problem?

Quoting stickyfingers:

Have you tried to cut out wheat? That's something I read that will go away if you eliminate it from your diet.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:42 AM
That's probably part of it but it's wheat. It does so many things to your body. Hold in I will send you a link.

Quoting lauraschatz:

Really? I haven't heard that. Is it the gluten that causes the problem?

Quoting stickyfingers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Wheat supposedly does a ton to your body. It seems like a cure all...anything wrong with you there's going to be someone saying to cut out wheat. It's just the big health fad right now.

I have RLS but my fibromyalgia meds keep it away. What is PLMS though?
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:51 AM
http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/?s=Rls. Ok I looked through this and couldn't find where told is but it has some good info. There are a bunch of different conditions that wheat causes in the left side if you scroll down. It's really interesting
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM
It's not a fad lol. Do some research. A fad is eating 30 bananas a day to lose weight

Quoting Anonymous:

Wheat supposedly does a ton to your body. It seems like a cure all...anything wrong with you there's going to be someone saying to cut out wheat. It's just the big health fad right now.

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Periodic limb movements in sleep.
I didn't even know I had it until my husband complained that I was constantly kicking and hitting him with my flailing arms and legs while I was asleep. Apparently a lot but not all people with rls have it too.

Quoting Anonymous:

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Thanks!

Quoting stickyfingers:

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/?s=Rls. Ok I looked through this and couldn't find where told is but it has some good info. There are a bunch of different conditions that wheat causes in the left side if you scroll down. It's really interesting

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM
What FM med keeps it at bay?
I'm currently on Requip (Ropinerol) for it. It works really well but you have to keep upping the dose. The longer you take it the worse your symptoms become. They start earlier in the day and are more pronounced. Then eventually it quits working. I'm terrified about what will happen when it stops working.
I've had this for 10+ years and when it isn't under control it seriously effects my quality of life.
My mother and father both have RLS and my aunt has both things like me and basically can't function because she hasn',t kept more than a few hours in the early morning for 20 years.

Quoting lauraschatz:

Periodic limb movements in sleep.

I didn't even know I had it until my husband complained that I was constantly kicking and hitting him with my flailing arms and legs while I was asleep. Apparently a lot but not all people with rls have it too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:21 AM
It is a fad. I'm assuming you don't know what that word means.

There is no actual proof behind any of it, as soon as there's a medical study done and published in a journal, I'll believe it. I've done my research.

Quoting stickyfingers:

It's not a fad lol. Do some research. A fad is eating 30 bananas a day to lose weight

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured