Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One Bad Mistake*** updated with question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think? If you vote other please comment what you think it is please

Options:

Early Menopause?

Pregnant and tested too soon?

Other

All in my head because I am scared

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

Okay, I'm flipping out a little and need to tell someone, even if that means it is people over the internet. 

Okay I'm a single mother of a teenager, I go to church, and live a quiet and kind of lonely life. I stopped dating 7 years ago when the last guy was really mean to my son. I decided I would not date until he was old enough that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone doing that to him again.

Now, I'm not a saint I would go out with guys but nothing serious and never around my family. Still it has been 2 years since I have even did that. Well, until last weekend when I went out with some girlfriends. Things got crazy and I had too much to drink.

Long story short I had an one night stand with a man I picked up at the bar  and I was so drunk I did not realize he did not use protection. I found out later. I know I was stupid. Anyway, After I found out he didn't use protection and I'm not on any form of birth control (since I hadn't had sex in 2 years so I really didn't need birth control before) I started counting days and realized this happened during my days of ovulation.

Now, my boobs are tingly, sore and heavy. I realize this maybe because my cycle is supposed to start in a week, but sore heavy boobs have not happened as PMS symptoms for me in years. I know I need to go to the doctor but it is to early to tell yet. So I'm waiting. I keep telling myself I'm not even late yet and to calm down, but on the other hand I have been worrying about what my one night stand guy will say, what my family will  say, what my son will say,what will my friends say and what the people in my church will say if I am pregnant. I'm freaking out and have at least a couple weeks before I can find out unless I start my cycle. I have no cramping or anything just tingly, sore,heavy boobs.

I'm to old for this crap I'm turning 37 in a few weeks I can't believe I was so stupid and irresponsible. I can't believe I was stupid enough to get into this position. Yes, I am going to get checked for STDs asap. I am normally the one in control never irresponsible. My family will flip! They think I would never do anything like this and they haven't seen me with anyone in 7 years. I had to tell someone.

*** Edit for update

I took a test and it came back not pregnant. Also All STD test have came back clear. A friend suggested I may be going through the change early because my boobs are swollen and sore, I am super tired now (like I need a nap in middle of the day and that hasn't happened before), and I am moody ( swing from frustrated with people to super horny). I actually texted one night stand guy and asked him for phone sex lol! Yeah not my norm but oh well it worked. So are this symptoms of the change or did I test to early? I think I wait a week and test again . If it is still not pregnant I'll need to go to doctor and see if it is the change.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Well, good luck. And it sounds like you're super stressed, so until you take a test and get a + don't freak out if it's late because stress can make your period late (i.e. if it's late it might NOT be pregnancy - although it sounds like there's a good chance.)

bellawomen
by Summer on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM
2 moms liked this
*hugs* Well now the fun and impulsive is out of your system. I think you will make better decisions moving forward.

As for your church, friends, and family...if they love you they won't judge and will love and support you and a new baby.

By chance do you have any contact info for this man, so on the off chance you are pregnant you can contact him?
o.O....
by Cara on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Try not to freak out too much. Good luck, you have options...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:01 AM

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:01 AM

if you havent even missed your cycle yet you are early. See a dr you may be able to get the abortion pill. Good luck. We all make mistakes I am sure you have learned from it dont beat yourself up over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
abortion
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Yes, I have his phone number and I know where his brother and mother hang out. So, I can contact him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Why didn't you consider the morning after pill? Nobody is perfect anyways so EFF what others think!! Best of luck, keep us updated!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I know abortion is an option. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't want to start all over and raise a baby (more than likely by myself) but I don't know if I can abort a baby. Don't get me wrong I support abortion rights but I don't know if I could do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Is it to late to take the morning after pill a week later? No to be honest it didn't because at that moment I did not know for sure if he hadn't used protection. I texted him and asked and he told me he hadn't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)