Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not THAT Church...

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was raised up in church from the time I was born until now as an adult if I am not working I try to go... Anyways... my son LOVES Church and will go with anyone who will invite him, but I do not approve of every church... not the religion because I believe in knowing and understanding other religons, but some churches are just not right. I dont know how to let these people know that I do not like my son going to their church and that is why I tell him no and then he gets upset because he LOVES church... I dont want these people to think I just dont want my son in church.... 

How would you handle this situation?

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have no experience with this but I'll try a stab at it...

Could you not say something along the lines of, " thanks for the invite but we are a part of too many churches now as it is. BUT, we'd love it if your son/daughter (whatever) wanted to come with us to church next time we go "

Hmmm, I don't know.

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM

that sounds good... i might role with it and see what the outcome is... they are really nice people, but I just dont agree with some of the things that go on at their church.... thank you!!!!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Could you not say something along the lines of, " thanks for the invite but we are a part of too many churches now as it is. BUT, we'd love it if your son/daughter (whatever) wanted to come with us to church next time we go "

Hmmm, I don't know.

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM

BUMP!

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Hey no problem!

Quoting KJH_KMH_MOM:

that sounds good... i might role with it and see what the outcome is... they are really nice people, but I just dont agree with some of the things that go on at their church.... thank you!!!!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Hmmm, I don't know.

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM

BUMP!

NeonGirl9583
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM
We are baptist and my inlaws are missanories for a preystian church. they use a total different bible then we do. and they believe different then we do. when my fil specks we usually go. mx ds who is 7 now (he got saved back durning vbs) ask me why dont they do certain stuff and all l could say was every church is different and they believe different we do. he gets confused but he askes questions and l try my best to answer them. Tell ppl that you dont him confused yet and maybe when he gets older he can go with them.
KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM
For some reason.. my first thought was about Black Flag, not religion. Hahaha I need sleep
KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Your family goes to church? Why doesn't your son go with you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)