Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DRINKING IN FRONT OF YOUR KIDS = BAD PARENTING!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 335 Replies
3 moms liked this

Apparently if anyone takes their children into a restaurant that serves alcohol you are a bad parent!

Yesterday my family & I went to a Cheeseburger joint, heard great things about it & it was actually really good plus we got to watch all the college football games on the TVs :)

Anyway, there was a couple sitting next to us & they kept looking over at us & finally they were done & getting ready to leave.  I was happy bc I was tired of the stares, makes me uncomfortable & yes I know it was us as they were very obvious about it & we were the only 2 tables in the place at that time.  Well before they walked out the woman came over to us & said something like this "you know this is not a place for children, I will never understand why parents insist on taking their children to places that serve alcohol. What kind of parent are you to do this? You are definitely not a good parent & should think about where you take your children."

I'm sorry but I don't hide alcohol from my kids & I have alcohol in my house & the place was a family friendly restaurant.  I am baffled at how many people these days have the guts to speak to a stranger about their parenting!!!

Oh & yes I said something back & even though I was not in the mood for a beer I went up & ordered one honestly yes just to spiter her.  Could my reaction have been bad parenting? Maybe, but at this point in time oh well it is to late to change my reaction.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
7 moms liked this

Well, you're still allowed in mcdonalds then. But only awful parents feed their kids mcdonalds so you're fuct.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
8 moms liked this
Lol so all the "family" places like Chilis, TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, most pizza places, Chuck E Cheese......all not for kids???

Where can we go then? McDonalds? Jesus some people are just morons
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
24 moms liked this

I drink in front of my kids..i'm an adult and I'll do what I want. 

I would have offered her a bottle of mindyourownbusiness

69liliem10
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I would have taken a big drink in front of Mrs. Judgypants, just to piss her off. 

Honestly, she's stupid and it's not like you were raging drunk (hopefully).

NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Lol i take them to Hooters, I drink in front of them at home etc. As long as you are not wasted who cares?
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Well... I'm a bad parent lol.
We went to Longhorn Friday and me and my BIL drank.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
7 moms liked this

That long, drawn out, berating by a perfect stranger just did not happen the way you say it did.....

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
6 moms liked this

Very sad that the person who was rude to you can't drink without getting drunk.  Honestly, that - in my opinion - is the only reason to not drink alcohol around children....if you can't drink without getting drunk.  

There is NOTHING wrong with drinking RESPONSIBLY around children.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Heck, even Chuck E Cheese serves beer.

I would have laughed! It is often the parents that hide alcohol that have the kids with drinking problems (or those that drink excessively). I grew up seeing my dad drink beer and I never became a drunk....

I would have laughed uncontrollably at her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
They used to serve beer at Chuck E.Cheese lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)