Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Shudders* Does this ever happen to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have extremely disturbing dreams about my children. I dreamt once that my daughter got sick and it was a chest cold so I thought if I put her head on a different body she would get better. It was a very graphic and disturbing dream.

I've had many more in between, but lately we've been packing to move and I dreamt last night that I packed my baby in a box and thought she was at my moms house so I didn't discover she was gone until the next day and it was too late. I hate my nightmares. They stick with me for years.

Please tell me I am not the only one that goes through this.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I had a dream that my son cracked his skull open at the playground. I was holding him and he told me not to cry and that it didn't hurt anymore and then his eyes fluttered to a close. It was the most horrible and devastating dream I've ever had.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I've had those. I had them more often right after I had the baby. I think the hormones being off made it worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I dreamt once that DD (when she was a baby) got bit by a venomous snake and I had no way to cure her so I had no option but to watch her cry and scream until the end.

I had another dream I was in a zombie apocalypse and DD got bit. I refused to let her go so I kept her in the car in her seat. Sometimes I would look at her and she would look normal. Sometimes I would look and she would be a zombie growling and reaching to try to eat me.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

I had a dream that my son cracked his skull open at the playground. I was holding him and he told me not to cry and that it didn't hurt anymore and then his eyes fluttered to a close. It was the most horrible and devastating dream I've ever had.
lucyblue202
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

You are not the only one! My only child is only 3 months old and I've already had several terrifying dreams of terrible things happening to her...I won't go into details or I will just be giving you more things to have nightmares about. I think it happens because I love her so much and subconsciously I am terrified that something will happen to her. I just don't know what I would do...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

ppocd ladies.  Check it out especially if you have an infant.  

On another note, when I get super stressed, I have nightmares.  Its the way my mind deals with things I can't 

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I dream all the time about my son, usually not good dreams.  I dream a lot that I forget him somewhere and when I go back for him he's not there, or he's being taken away from me.  Or he needs me or is hurt and I can't get to him.

I don't know what it's all about but I have them several times a week.

It's unpleasant.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
this exactly. Yes, I've had those dreams. I was diagnosed with ppocd. My oldest is four, my youngest is 10 months. I still have them and plan to go back on some medication soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

ppocd ladies.  Check it out especially if you have an infant.  

On another note, when I get super stressed, I have nightmares.  Its the way my mind deals with things I can't 

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Before I did the blood work to look for DS and stuff I had a dream my baby had Down Syndrome and my DH left me bc I wouldn't abort. :/

Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I've had the most horrible dreams when I've been pregnant.
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Not that bizarre but I have dreams where my ex finds me and tries to steal my baby, where SO's ex tries to take our baby, where SO's mom left the baby home alone and the house caught on fire.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN