Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

big families must consider

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this
That some things will have to be done differently than you're average 2.5 kid families. This including my own family of six
Might have to call ahead, or grocery shop when lines aren't long. It's something you plan on when you know you've got a big family. If you're likely to hold up stores, be polite.
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Call ahead? Where exactly should we have to call ahead too?
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
If this in reference to the Subway post by the other mousy poster, how the hell are they supposed to call in? Since when does Subway take over the phone orders?

Eta: in my area they don't. Not in my town or in the next town over. Never have probably. Ever will. So you can stop quoting me now.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol!

I don't do anything differently. I shop with my kids eat at restaurants, go to movies etc. The same way smaller families do.
NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm i do three cart grocery shopping twice a month on any day i can get it done. Family of eight here. My schedule is packed. Plus the commissary is busy every day all day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Subway does actually take phone orders for large orders, they also have drive-in's here.

Quoting An0nym0use:

If this in reference to the Subway post by the other mousy poster, how the hell are they supposed to call in? Since when does Subway take over the phone orders?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I agree. But that's way too considerate.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
For real lol, since when do you call ahead fast food orders

Quoting An0nym0use:

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg you mean someone might have to wait an extra couple of minutes. Gasp how rude!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. But that's way too considerate.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Guess it's by franchise. None of ours have drive thrus and unless it's an order to be catered, they won't take your order over the phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Subway does actually take phone orders for large orders, they also have drive-in's here.

Quoting An0nym0use:

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Subway takes phone and internet orders.  I haven't actually had to wait for my food for over a year.  It's fantastic.

Quoting An0nym0use:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN