Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the Silliest, Craziest Or Scariest Thing You've Had To Bring Your Child To The Doctor Or ER For?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 193 Replies

I had to bring my 7 year old son to the Er because he stuck dried beans up his nose.  I was really embarrassed, but the nice ER doctor said,-  "Oh,  this is nothing.  We take beans, peas, tips of erasers out of kid's nostrils and ears all the time.  We even have a special machine for it."

And, with that he sucked the beans out of Josh's nose.

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
The scariest thing was when my daughter was 10 months old and was having trouble breathing. She was also damned near lifeless. She ended up being admitted with double lobe pneumonia. Spent a week there with her.

My oldest son had apparently found a small button in the floor at church and proceeded to stick it up his nose. He starts crying, I start flipping out and DH just held closed one side of his nose and said blow. Lol out it popped and he was fine. I think he was about 2 when that happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids have never been to the er or the doctors for any injury. They are twelve and five.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM

My daughter swallowed one of my brother's seizure pills. It was the scariest moment of my life.

CafeMom Tickers
miisha
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Dd had whooping cough. Took her to the ER at 3am because she had stopped breathing. Ds, went twice, once for his finger stuck in a bike chain and other tv fell on his foot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Pinworms
IndigoRose
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

My daughter swallowed one of my brother's seizure pills. It was the scariest moment of my life.

jaw dropWow!  

One of my grandaughters swallow ALL of my daughter's birth control pills.  She called the doc and he said it was okay.  Not terrible.  But, I was scared.  

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Ds swallowed 13 cents.

mom2gmp2
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM
My two year old took a flying leap of his tool box and landed on his chin on our oak floors. Had to take him to the ER, they just glued him back together.
IndigoRose
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Pinworms

Yeah, that's awful.

me_plus3
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
My daughter asperated(spelling?) when she was 10 days old. My dad got us to the hospital in under 3 minutes. Same dd shoved 5 peas up one nostril. I used the nose sucker to get them out. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)