Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is the goverment really "shutting down"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I dont really keep up with politics and such but is the goverment really shutting down and what does this mean for america if it does? And why would it be shutting down?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (81-83):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM
It will affect individuals certainly but it won't be a big deal for the nation as a whole. I don't need to do more research, but thanks for the suggestion. Notice I did specify "to the nation".

Quoting alt075:

It's going to effect me big time. My hubby works for a company that handles government contracts. He will not be able to work if government shuts down. If this lasts more that two weeks we won't be able to pay our mortgage and bills. This will effect more than you realize. There are many people whom are in the same boat and are very scared. Go do your research before you speak.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you trying to argue with me?  They are always doing fear mongering and then even if they shut down it isn't a big deal to the nation.  Disagree with me all you want, but I'm not going to argue a point that is obvious to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because it didn't affect you doesn't mean it didn't affect thousands of other Americans. 
I don't see a lot of fear. Mostly I see anger and displeasure over who is in Washington and a desire to shake things up next election season, at least removing those particular idoits from office. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So if it makes no difference, what does it matter?  The FEAR part is the bullshit part.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok... but there was still a shutdown for 28 days. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It was such a big deal I didn't even notice. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The government did shutdown in 1995. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just another fear tactic to keep people on edge.  None of that shit ever happens.  Y2K, swine flu, every friggin year claiming it will shut down, whatever these last cuts were that were suppose to bring the nation to its knees but somehow I didn't even feel a tiny whisper (they had some name I can't even remember).  Its all a bunch of bullshit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
You are still obviously uninformed. They are both throwing tantrums. Many dems have sided with reps as well. If anything, it's more a few dems and Obama vs. everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL wrong. I've never watched MSNBC. I only watch CNN.
Quoting Anonymous:

Aw someone loves MSNBC and doesn't know the issues.lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Nah it's just the Republicans throwing a temper tantrum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Yes! I'm digging the shorter hair. =)

Quoting acrogodess:

Is that the guy who plays Loki?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN