Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told my daughter she didn't have to do her homework this weekend

Posted by   + Show Post
My 13 year old had homework for PE over the weekend she was supposed to watch a football game and write a paragraph on it. We have had a busy weekend yesterday was skating practice and Costco,target and grocery shopping and today we went bowling for my sons birthday and are headed to dinner. So I told her I would write her teacher a note telling her we didn't have time to sit around and watch a football Game this weekend. Would you cancel your plans for PE homework?
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
ermka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Ehe. We're a football family. We schedule things around football games. But if I were you I'd probablt just write the note too. There is however a game tonight. Starts in about an hour ;)
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM
That would keep her up much later than her bed time

Quoting fairyjester:

oh and there is a game on tonight at 9pm

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Why the frick does she have homework for pe?? I wouldn't do it either
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Can you not just google a recent game, let her watch the video, and write a paper on that?
LocoCountryMama
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I could see playing football as PE homework, but writing a paragraph about a game on tv? What is she going to learn from that? Stories like this make me glad I homeschool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM

For homework, yes I would make sure that she got that done. Watching techniques used in the sports is an important part of understanding the sport. I would have left her home while I did the shopping so she can watch the game and do her homework. Shes old enough to do that on her own. Homework comes first.

needadvice1983
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be surprised when she isn't excused from te homework just because you were "busy". She'll just end up getting a zero. PE or not it is still part of school.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I guess I could look up the sports section or out local newspaper. That's and idea.

Quoting purpleducky:

Just have her watch the highlights and write from that. There is too much downtime in football games anyways.

fairyjester
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

have her just watch the first half and do it from there.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

That would keep her up much later than her bed time

Quoting fairyjester:

oh and there is a game on tonight at 9pm

bazjack
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a reasonable assignment, especially if they plan to continue it with a basketball game, hockey game, baseball game etc. in season. A common goal in physical education classes is to teach the students about different sports. And given that she only had to watch a half hour, not a whole game, I think it was inappropriate to make her skip it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN