Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told my daughter she didn't have to do her homework this weekend

Posted by   + Show Post
My 13 year old had homework for PE over the weekend she was supposed to watch a football game and write a paragraph on it. We have had a busy weekend yesterday was skating practice and Costco,target and grocery shopping and today we went bowling for my sons birthday and are headed to dinner. So I told her I would write her teacher a note telling her we didn't have time to sit around and watch a football Game this weekend. Would you cancel your plans for PE homework?
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM
It's called subject integration, and good teachers do it. Writing skills should be reinforced in all subject areas.

Quoting LocoCountryMama:

I could see playing football as PE homework, but writing a paragraph about a game on tv? What is she going to learn from that? Stories like this make me glad I homeschool.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I would have written a letter too. "We don't like watching sports in this house and I'm not forcing my kid to watch something I can't stand to watch."
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
So we are supposed to cancel plans we have because her teacher wants her to sit and watch a football game all Day. Our tv doesn't even come on during the weekend unless someone is sick we do things as a family and no one in our family likes to watch football.

Quoting fairyjester:

good precedence to set.  that homework, any homework, should just be ignored

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Here is a report. The Chiefs are at 4 and O. The world is going to start spinning in reverse,so she has time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Pe hw? Wtf??
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Pretty much we make Plans for our weekends. My husband is out of town all week so weekends are family time which is why we all go shopping together.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

I would have written a letter too. "We don't like watching sports in this house and I'm not forcing my kid to watch something I can't stand to watch."
Chunkymunkey922
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh I would make it up lol
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh FFS, it takes maybe 15 minutes or so to watch part of a football game, she could even write the paer in the car or at the person's house, way to teach your child that we can shrink our work,.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

So we are supposed to cancel plans we have because her teacher wants her to sit and watch a football game all Day. Our tv doesn't even come on during the weekend unless someone is sick we do things as a family and no one in our family likes to watch football.

Quoting fairyjester:

good precedence to set.  that homework, any homework, should just be ignored

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I'm going to school to become a teacher and I think that's ridiculous. Pe is supposed to be all physical, hence physical education.

I think I'll bring this up in class Wednesday tho

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called subject integration, and good teachers do it. Writing skills should be reinforced in all subject areas.

Quoting LocoCountryMama:

I could see playing football as PE homework, but writing a paragraph about a game on tv? What is she going to learn from that? Stories like this make me glad I homeschool.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
That too. Even though our kid is three, we don't want to sit around watching football. I hate football anyway. Our weekends are busy, I'm starting to enjoy the beach now. Also, how would you write a paragraph on a game? They tossed a ball around and that one team won.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Pretty much we make Plans for our weekends. My husband is out of town all week so weekends are family time which is why we all go shopping together.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)