Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so im getting my tubes tied tomorrow. kinda freaked out

Posted by   + Show Post
I have never been put under or operated on and im kinda scared :-(
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
D.O.E.
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
What if I am under and can still feel it?!

Quoting countrymomma81:

They actually give you stuff to relax before they put you all the way under so you really won't have time to be freaked. It's a very easy procedure and you will be fine. 

The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I'd have known about possible side effects before having mine done :/

Quoting poietes:

Idk, I refused because I was worried about the side effects. So my dh got snipped instead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Good!
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I have had 10 surgeries you will be ok if your 100% sure you want it done:) hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol I was looking up the consent forms at work the other day and one of the "risks" of the procedure is sterility. Lmao I just thought it was funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM

You will be alright. Get lots of rest tomorrow afternoon and Tues. By Wednesday you should be back to your daily chores. Good luck.

EAzizM
by Erica on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
You will be fine. I was terrified when i went under for my ectopic...I had no choice but to get it done though. Lol
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I can promise you that you won't feel anything. 

In the room where they prep you they will make you very comfortable. You will be feeling good before they take you to the operating room. Once in there they will transfer you to a bed then put meds in your IV to knock you completely out. The whole procedure doesn't take long at all. 

Once you are done you'll go into recovery where the meds will begin wearing off and  you'll still feel a little silly but you won't hurt. 

Quoting D.O.E.:

What if I am under and can still feel it?!

Quoting countrymomma81:

They actually give you stuff to relax before they put you all the way under so you really won't have time to be freaked. It's a very easy procedure and you will be fine. 

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM
You will be fine. Its very simple. But the more you think about it the more you will freak out.
poshkat
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM
They will give you something before they wheel you in that makes you loopy, than you'll wake up. You might get some pain in your shoulder from the gas they use to expand your stomach working itself out. I was up the next day and at target the day after that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)