Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well since they are starting early I'll tell you why I will never buy for a child from the Angel tree again.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies

4 years ago I picked a little boys name off the tree. I bought him $100 worth of toys. It was a bunch of small stuff. I found out later from a friend that volunteered there that they did not give that little boy all of his stuff. They split it up among a few different children. That pissed me off. I didn't buy the stuff for multiple kids I bought it all for that little boy and I expected him to get it all. Because of that I will never pick another name off the tree.

EDIT will someone please tell me where I said I wouldn't do charity at all? The angel tree is NOT the only charity in the world.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM
19 moms liked this
Why? At least it was going to a needy child. There probably weren't enough "angels" so they decided to spread out the donation. Silly to get upset about it.
two4one
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Really? C'mon. Maybe they didn't get a lot if donations and instead of one kid getting a shot load of stuffs, several children got to have some happiness. Christ, get a clue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I won't because they posted pictures of last year's kids receiving their gifts and more than half of them make more money than we do.

We have found other ways to give to real needy children at Christmas.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Do it again, and wrap everything together, then they can't split it up??
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Do it again, and wrap everything together, then they can't split it up??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly !!
Instead of helping 1, you helped
Several.
I see your point, but i wouldn't stop giving to those in need over that

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? At least it was going to a needy child. There probably weren't enough "angels" so they decided to spread out the donation. Silly to get upset about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I know someone who got picked by a rural church to sponser for xmas. The got food, a carful of good toys and clothes for the 3 kids a couple hundred in cash and a propane tank filled for their heat. They are the type who blow all their money on stupid things like electronics and multiple pets (like 10+ dogs, cats a bird strange tree frogs, salt water fish...) then cry the blues to anyone who might help for necessities. The next year a guy from the church brought them a complete thanksgiving dinner & saw all the stuff -computer pets video game big flat screen and called later to cancel them for that year's xmas. The were so pissed cause again they blew all their money and wanted the freebies. Embarassing to even know them.
anotherhalf
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh! They ruin it for the truly needy. Awful.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know someone who got picked by a rural church to sponser for xmas. The got food, a carful of good toys and clothes for the 3 kids a couple hundred in cash and a propane tank filled for their heat. They are the type who blow all their money on stupid things like electronics and multiple pets (like 10+ dogs, cats a bird strange tree frogs, salt water fish...) then cry the blues to anyone who might help for necessities. The next year a guy from the church brought them a complete thanksgiving dinner & saw all the stuff -computer pets video game big flat screen and called later to cancel them for that year's xmas. The were so pissed cause again they blew all their money and wanted the freebies. Embarassing to even know them.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I understand and get it.

Are you going to donate elsewhere?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Well, I don't agree with that, at least it went to kids right?

I do have my own issues with holiday donations though. My sil used to sign her children up for every charity offering and while she qualified, she didn't really need it. It just seemed so sleazy to me and it made me wonder how many other greedy people were taking from the truly needy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN