Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think you she is telling the truth or lying?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
I have a friend who is obese and her doctor has been telling her she really needs to lose weight. She does have thyroid problems and has to take mediciation for her thyroid. She told me that she will usually only eat * an apple for breakfast (and not till 10 am) * a light sandwich for lunch * a salad and healthy meal for dinner And she has NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT. She also says she walks alot. She has been doing this for awhile. I just can't believe that someone could intake so little food yet still not lose weight. Is there a chance she is lying? Or can someone really eat like that and still not lose any weight?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

She's lying. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
There are some people like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM

It's not common but I've seen it happen so I really can't say. 

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

She could have really shitty metabolism. Odds are she's lying though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM
11 moms liked this
If she's truly eating only that her body is in starvation mode and will hold onto every calorie she takes in.
wadelgal
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I have thyroid problems and after my last child tried to lose weight! It didn't work I'd walk 3 miles uphill on the treadmill eat very little and pretty healthy and gained 3lbs. I gave up trying. I went on medication for my thyroid and without doing anything special I've lost almost 30lbs in the last 4months. Only about 7 lbs to go till my goal weight! :)
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

If she's truly eating only that her body is in starvation mode and will hold onto every calorie she takes in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
This is true.

Quoting Anonymous:

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I eat really healthy when I'm not expecting. Just how she does and I weigh a steady 185-195.
rawrmommysaurus
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this
She needs to meet her basic calorie I take or her body is going to go into starvation mood and hang onto everything she puts into her body.

Tell her to have a hard boiled egg and apple for breakfast within an hour of getting up. Or if she walks first thing then right after getting done walking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)