Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do guys act like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
We got really close, he said I was his best friend, that no matter what, we'd always be friends

Then he got with some girl and I'm completely forgotten about. I hate it. I miss my friend.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Idk it's happening to me now as I write this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM

been through it. I let it go when it was his daughters mom he would ditch me for. But then he got with some crazy chick who keeps having him thrown in jail. After 2 years of being away from home he would not come and hang out for an hour with me on my last night in town. I have not spoken to him since and its almost been a year. ( we where never together, we did try once and it was to weird. He was my only buddy out in the sticks)

inspain
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Were you still sleeping together?  Is he gay?  Because, unless one of those is true, he's going to move on and you're going to be left in the dust.  That's how most of them work.  

I still have a few male friends that I dated.  But I broke up with them, not the other way round.  If he broke up with you, you were history before the door closed behind you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
No- we never dated. Opposite sex can just be friends..., no.

How do you move on from friends? When you talked for hours one day, then go weeks without talking? Only time he calls now, is when he needs a favor. I don't do it, I feel used. Then he throws in 'you're my best friend'

Friends don't forget about each other like this.

Quoting inspain:

Were you still sleeping together?  Is he gay?  Because, unless one of those is true, he's going to move on and you're going to be left in the dust.  That's how most of them work.  

I still have a few male friends that I dated.  But I broke up with them, not the other way round.  If he broke up with you, you were history before the door closed behind you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM
He wasn't that into you.
anotherhalf
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Girls will drop you like a hot potato too once they find a new love interest. It happens.
BAMFSFW
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

For men, actions truly speak louder then words. Never base any decisions based off what a man says to you, base them off how he acts. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

So true.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Girls will drop you like a hot potato too once they find a new love interest. It happens.

Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM

That's how it is with their male friends too. That's how it is when a woman gets a boyfriend. When you're in a relationship you don't get as much time to spend with friends. That's just the way it is. The boyfriend or girlfriend comes before other friends. It sounds to me like you have some feelings for him though.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

You never dated?  Then he's just a spineless worm.  Some guys are like that.  No reflection on you.  Let it go and carry on. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No- we never dated. Opposite sex can just be friends..., no.

How do you move on from friends? When you talked for hours one day, then go weeks without talking? Only time he calls now, is when he needs a favor. I don't do it, I feel used. Then he throws in 'you're my best friend'

Friends don't forget about each other like this.

Quoting inspain:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN