Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pregnant and I'm not going to bother to tell my husband *Last Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 240 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have discussed that if I ever became pregnant again we would abort. I'm 90% sure I'm pregnant. I haven't gotten a positive pee test but I never do until I'm really far along. I'm 2 weeks late and I'm never late. My breasts have been swollen for a month and I have cramping just like I did with my first. I got the Essure procedure done 3 years ago. 

I'm going to call my OB for a blood test tomorrow morning but if I can I dont' even want to tell my husband. He just doesn't need the stress right now. I'm not sure if there are going to be complications with my Essure though so I'm not sure. I might need him. This might be more intense than the standard abortion.

Anyway, that's my confession.

* I just got off the phone with my OB's office. She's not in today but one of the other OB's is going to see me this afternoon because of the circumstances. I'll update after my appointment.

* okay so I'm sitting here waiting in the hospital now. I am pregnant, the pregnancy is not viable and I need a hysterectomy because a broken coil perforated my uterus. My husband knows and is on his was. I'm waiting to go in to prep. I doubt he'll be here in time.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

bump

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Essure is 99.83% effective. I doubt you are pregnant. Could be many reasons you are feeling that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Essure is 99.83% effective. I doubt you are pregnant. Could be many reasons you are feeling that way.

Not true. After the first year it becomes less effective. I personally know two people who have gotten pregnant. I've always known when I'm pregnant. I know I am. I can feel it. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM
7 moms liked this
As your husband he deserves the right to be there for you in all matters. What if there are complications and he gets blindsided by some emergency with the procedure? You may not need him, but he deserves to know hat is going in with you. This isn't a runny nose, it's a surgery and if there's even a chance it could get complicated, he shouldn't be excluded.

Good luck and I hope this is the right route for you and your family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

As if it's nothing...SMH.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Not true. After the first year it becomes less effective. I personally know two people who have gotten pregnant. I've always known when I'm pregnant. I know I am. I can feel it. :(

You are wrong, it is VERY effective, but whatever. Good luck to you.

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
And your haven't taken a home test, why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I have been there, I didnt tell DH either, he was just laid off from work and he didn't need that. I went and got the pill the next week

Short_cake88
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

His. Not just because you might be pregnant, but the procedure itself :-( GL lady

Quoting Anonymous:

As your husband he deserves the right to be there for you in all matters. What if there are complications and he gets blindsided by some emergency with the procedure? You may not need him, but he deserves to know hat is going in with you. This isn't a runny nose, it's a surgery and if there's even a chance it could get complicated, he shouldn't be excluded.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I was hoping I could just take a pill. I don't know much about abortion anymore. It's been a long time since it's been a consideration. He's just having such a tough time at work lately. Sigh*

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)